• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Perch

Royce Aardahl

Well I need some help catching perch on the pond. I was up yesturday and got 3 under 6 inches so I went crappie fishing elsewhere. I'd like to pop up next saturday and I drive a van so can't zip all over the place. Help out a river smally guy and maybe I can hook you up with some smally fishing this summer. grin.gif my user name @charter.net thanks!

I had good luck going out of Hunters Point resort during the PerchExtravaganza this weekend and found my first jumbos of the season. I found them on the east side of Flamingo Reef. Caught them on small Marmsooka jigs with red euros on them. When I put the flasher down there was nothing on the screen, gave it about 10 minutes per hole then finally something would appear. Jig them up slowly, always keeping the bait above them and they will bite. Next weekend looks to be nice too. The key as always it to keep mobile, drill alot of holes, if nothing, then move on.

alos i was in 28 fow out of hunters not to far from flamingo and did good. they seem to be bitting on a small fourage minnow yellow and orange with a single hook. small minnows like crappie sized minnows worked the best with small jigs