• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
luv2fish

Suggestions

luv2fish

My plans have changed at the last minute, so now I need to make a decision. Drive the 5 hours to URL from the cities or take my first trip ever to Mille Lacs. I have a wheel house, and have used it 3 times on URL. I kind of wanted to stay closer to home this weekend, but as I said earlier my other plans fell through.

I have to admit, never being on Mille Lacs I am a bit intimidated. I am not sure what road to use, or what structure to go to. Any suggestions? Or should I bite the bullet and go to URL. By the way, I am aslo brining the portable and 4-wheeler. So running and gunning with the nice weather is in my plans.

Thanks for any tips at all.

outdoorav

I have not fished mille lacs for about 4 weeks,but we are go fish the gravel and mud flats for perch. sound like the fishing pickup a little

toughguy

URL if you want to catch any fish

luv2fish

outdoorav - Which resort would you suggest we go out of with our wheelhouse?

AceintheHole

Go out of wilderness warmth out of cove bay and head towards spirit island find the rock to mud transtion.

outdoorav

We are going out of Brandt's this time, but check with Lyback's, appeldoorn's not sure how far his roads go.wilderness warmth or mac twin bay, agate bay.all are on the web with reports of some kind.

wanger29

5 hours into it on Mille Lacs you'll be kicking yourself for not going the extra distance! And continue to kick til you leave.

Royce Aardahl

With 2 big fishing events this weekend they gotta bite somewhere. I'm heading out from Rockys Reef for perch friday. I'll be in an ABC Seamless van if anybody wants to say hi, how they biting?

maros91

URL

URL

URL

harvey lee

If I were looking to have a good chance at catching numbers of fish, I would lean towards Upper Red. I have been on Mille lacs the last two weekend and have caught some nicer perch but the eyes have not cooperated.

I fished out from Appeldoorns and did need to do alot of hole hoping but it did pay off ok for perch. No much for numbers but the weather wasnt the best. The perch size was pretty nice though.

Me, to URL I go.

outdoorav

long drive for 2 walleyes and maybe a crappie

cpinkert

It's not all about what you can bring home...or is it? If you go to Mille Lacs and get skunked, then what do you bring home?

URL gets my vote. Lots of action and an outside chance at hitting the motherload of crappies. Read the URL forum, crappies are starting to show up.

-Chris

outdoorav

red is a great lake to fish. makes for a long weekend fishing fri night tru sun am.I like to go up thursday tru sunday.

james_walleye

Its not a long drive to URL to catch 20-30 walleyes every morning. Thats what we expierienced. Who cares if you can only keep 2. I'm heading to Mille Lacs this evening to my friends shack. Hes been getting jumbos and walleyes every time up there.