• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Turkey gun, your thoughts?

Quetico

Its time to start looking for my new turkey gun. I want to move up from my trusty 870 super mag. I'm looking for a 12 ga. auto. Any recommendations?

What's your budget like? (Or maybe more to the point, how much can you get away with without Mrs. Quetico getting suspicious?)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The Browning Gold Hunter and Winchester Super X3 would be high on my list. \:D

The joys of being a 20 something and single, no Mrs. to worry about and no kids to drain the bank. Oh and theres the new higher paying job so lets not worry too much about cost. I spend more on my gear to get better quality and gear I will enjoy for the long run.

I just want a semi-auto preferably with a 3.5" chamber, something I could use for duck and geese.

I know its not a semi but i purchased a Mossberg 835 Turkey Edition pump last year and shoot Winchester Supreme Elite 3.5" #5's. The gun, a case, a sling and swivel, red dot scope and mounting bracket cost me right around $530. A friend of mine shoots the same gun but with the 28" barrel and shoots the same distances.

Send me an email and i'll give you some more info. I've talked about the shooting ranges on other forums and have gotten flamed pretty hard about the distances i shoot.

bothun 69 @ hotmail . com

I made the Mossberg 835 mistake with my first gun. The gun was a lemon and the factory refused to replace it. The gunsmith where I bought it spent 4 months trying to fix the problems with it. After the 3rd I took it into him and he couldnt fix it he told me to send it to the factory.

The factory took a shot at fixing it and got it back to me in time for deer season. I was 16 in my second deer season. I shot a nice 8 pointer wounding it. The gun jammed horribly and I couldnt get the barrel off which is the problem everyone was trying to fix on it. A wounded 8 point buck got away, my first deer got away. I sold it the next day.

Yea I watched a mossberg 835 fall apart in a buddys hands duck hunting, He shot and the barrel FELL OFF! I never laughed so hard in my life. That gun was a POS! Now my dad has arealy old Mossberg .410 and that gun is awsome. It shoots slugs flat out to 150 yards. He killed a buck one year a 200 yards with it. Direct hart shot. My question is when did mossberd go down hill I know somw old biys who swear by there older Mossbergs.

I vote SBE2 I have one luv it, but shot a 391,,, no complaints, just like the feel of the sbe2 better 391 seemed a lil chunky FAT. But still liked it

What yopu really need to do is shoot every gun you can get your hands on and by the one you feel fits you the best. I almost bought a SBE but after I shot the 11-87 and for some reason I felt better shooting that and so far can't complain.