• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Marcum LX 3

Whopper Stopper

Question

Does anyone know what the value of a 3 year old Marcum LX 3 color flasher is? It has only been used a couple of times. Thanks!

WS

4 answers to this question

Is it the old LX3 with the TC upgrade or no upgrade, or is the new LX3tc (12 levels of IR vs 6 on the old)?

This is a tougher time of the year to get top dollar for your unit, since you are competing with all the ice fishing clearance sales. Gander was clearancing the newer LX3tc for $299 (regularly $399), but most stores are probably sold out. I've seen some GM stores that had the LX5 clearanced for $399 (originally $479). You may also get a little more interest & $$ if you still have the original reciept (assuming you bought in the last year or two) and the original box, documents, etc.

Good Luck!

Here is my estimates:

- Early-mid season LX-3tc $300-325 (sold mine for $310 in Jan)

- Late season LX-3tc $265-295

- LX-3 w/ TC upgrade $240-275

- LX-3 w/o TC upgrade $195-235

You could sell if for more or less depending on how quickly you want to move it. One selling point is that they don't have to pay extra sales tax on you price so they need to factor that into their price comparisons. If you are having the LX3 notorious problems with the sensitivity/gain issues, I strongly urge you to contact Marcum to arrange to have it fixed before selling (likely will do this free fo charge).

If you are the seller: it is worth $300.00

If you are the buyer: it is worth $100.00

So I'd shoot to meet somewhere in the middle: around $200.00. That is what I hope to get for mine: LX3 w/ TC upgrade and new transducer.

Thanks for the help. I didn't know there were so many options. I see mine is the plain LX 3 without the up grade. I may just sit on it until next fall early Winter. I bought one of the Lx 5's to take advantage of the year end sale that Gander had. Thanks again to you both for your help and tips!

WS

For what you might get for it you might find that it is better to just keep it as a spare instead of selling it.

When I went fishing with someone new to ice fishing (like my son-in-law or freinds) - since I found using a flasher a key to really enjoying it, I would always let them use mine while I fished "blind". Great for them, sucks for me. Now I have a backup unit that they can use if my partner doesn't have any. Also, if mine breaks I can use the backup until I get it fixed.