• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

State tournament playoffs

IFallsRon

First-round games begin tonight. I'm picking Roseau in AA and the Falls in A.

You can find brackets at mshsl.org.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IFallsRon

• PierBridge

• CrappieFshr651

• vermilionwally

I agree with the AA Roseau but the Falls has a tough task at hand. Virginia, Marshall and Hibbing. I went to the IF vs HIB game and was not impressed with the Falls. Hibbing whooped them pretty easy. Maybe the Falls had a bad night or Hibbing just had a good night. The sad thing is any team in the section 7a can win. Go Bluejackets!!!

I am hoping for a back to back title for Roseau but they need to win sections first then get past two teams at state to the finals and maybe they'll see Edina, Minnetonka in the finals. Class A, I think Warroad will be done after the quarterfinals. I' Falls is a good choice to win for Class A

I dont think the falls will be able to get past duluth marshall and they will have their hands full tonight with hibbing. While were on the subject how about Cec knocking off Duluth east 6-5 today in the 7AA semifinals. Go jacks!!

Roseau (28-0) is in. I see that two schools that "don't recruit" are in the A tournament: Duluth Marshall and St. Cloud Cathedral.

Here is what we have for the "A" Schools:

1A: Rochester Lourdes vs Mankato West, Tonight 7pm at Rochester

2A: Blake vs Breck, Tonight 7:30pm at Parade

3A: New Ulm vs Litchfield, Friday 7:30pm at Gustavus

4A: St. Thomas Academy vs South St. Paul, Friday 7pm at Aldrich

5A: St. Cloud Cathedral

6A: Little Falls vs Alexandria, Tonight 7pm at MAC (St. Cloud)

7A: Duluth Marshall

8A: Warroad vs East Grand Forks, Tonight 7pm at Thief River Falls

"AA"

1AA: Lakeville South vs Lakeville North, Friday 7PM at Rochester

2AA: Edina

3AA: Rosemount vs Woodbury, Tonight 7pm at The Coliseum

4AA: Hill Murray vs White Bear Lake, Friday 9pm at The Coliseum

5AA: Centennial vs Blaine, Fri 6pm at The Coliseum

6AA: Benilde-St. Margarets

7AA: Cloquet vs Anoka, Tonight 7:30pm at The DECC

8AA: Roseau

Couple score updates from last night: Cloquet beat Anoka 3-2 and Woodbury beat Rosemount 8-2 and Little Falls beat Alexandria 5-2

Will Little Falls get a win this year at the tourney? Anyone see many Section 6A games this year? Word is it's a bit soft.

Watched many LF games this years, sect 6 is not the toughest by any means but with Alex, Fergus Falls, and to a lesser extent Apollo, it does still have good competion. I do think LF deserved a seed in the tournament, but in turn ended up drawing St. Thomas Academy #1 seed in class A. It will be a tough game but LF is good enough to beat them and anyone in class A, Have to beat the best to be the best, the Flyers will make noise.

GO FLYERS!!

(I maybe slightly bias)

Alex and Fergus are both weak teams IMO. The Fergus program went downhill shortly after going to single A and leaving Section 8 when they played solid teams like Bemidji,Moorhead,TRF,Warroad, and Roseau just to name a few. Don't be fooled by their state tourney births. I wish the tourney was still only one class. I hope your Flyers do knock off St. Thomas, but it'll be a tall order.

State Tourney

"A"

Duluth Marshall vs Mankato West 11am Wed.

Warroad vs Litchfield/Dassel-Cokato 1pm Wed.

St. Thomas Academy vs Little Falls 6pm Wed.

St. Cloud Cathedral vs Blake 8pm Wed.

"AA"

Edina vs C-E-C 11am Thurs.

Benilde St. Margarets vs Woodbury 1pm Thurs.

Roseau vs Blaine 6pm Thurs.

Hill Murray vs Lakeville South 8pm Thurs.

Some things never change....White Bear and my alma mater Hill Murray in a nail biter Sectional final.....2-1 final for HM.

Good to see my Pioneers in there!

Chris

All-North Champions this year...

Warroad in 'A' and Roseau in 'AA'.

As long as no private schools win it i will be happy. That being said lets go CEC!!!

I like to see the northern teams win also. I will pick STA in class "A" and Roseau in "AA". I would like to see Warroad win it all in "A".

You can listen to the games on 660 AM. They've got a pretty strong signal.

Yes, definitely a lot of optimism.

Roseau and Edina would be a great AA championship game. Classic pretty city team vs small-nordern-minnesoda-town-you-know.

Anyone else going to the games on Thursday? I'm in for the whole day.

I can't believe Litch/D-C made it they got in on riding a hot goalie, they will need more then that in the next game I'm afraid. True cinderella's go Dragons!

Im in thursday too for the first session anyway i dont know if there will be tickets left for the second session or not and i already got one for the first session.

A team can go a long way on a hot goalie. Look at the Mighty Ducks a few years back.