• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Warrior Boats--Minnewaska Walleye Classic--win an added $15k

Glenwood, MN---Win the 2008 Warrior Boats Lake Minnewaska Fall Walleye Classic and you'll net the guaranteed first place payout of $6,000 ($350 entry fee). Win it in a 2007 or newer Warrior Boat and you'll catch an additional $7,500 from Warrior Boats, and, if you purchased your Warrior from Minnewaska Marine (Starbuck, MN), you'll bag an even bigger payday with another $7,500 in dealer contingency dollars from Minnewaska Marine. Total first place payout if winning in a qualified Warrior Boat, $21,000.

"The stakes are rising considerably at Minnewaska," said Fall Walleye Classic tournament director, Corey Bohn. "Warrior has really stepped up after becoming the title sponsor in 2007 with some aggressive contingency cash bonuses both at the manufacturer's and dealer level."

"Warrior offered $7,500 in contingency cash last year if you were the original owner and won the tournament," said Bohn, "while Minnewaska Marine just agreed to become a dealer contingency sponsor this past week (Feb. 15), and will pay the 2008 winner an additional $7,500 if they purchased a 2007 or newer Warrior boat from their dealership."

"If you win in a qualifying Warrior you're going to win big at Minnewaska," said Bohn. "Not only would you be fishing from the finest boat in walleye fishing, but you're going to have the opportunity to take home considerable winnings. That's a win-win."

Guidelines for the 2008 contingency bonus cash are as follows: 1) You must be the original owner of a 2007 or newer Warrior Boat; 2)you must be fishing from the boat during the competition; 3)2007 boat models are eligible only for this year's 2008 tourney from both the manufacturer and dealer; 2008 models will be eligible both this year and next from the manufacturer only; 4) dealer contingency is offered one year only (current year). *Any questions call Corey Bohn at 320-424-1382, email: [email protected].

Less than 25 openings remain (75-team field) for this year's Warrior Boats Fall Walleye Classic at Lake Minnewaska (Sept. 6-7, 2008). For complete info on this year's tournament go to the official tourney website at: http://www.fallwalleyeclassic.com.

Payouts for the 2008 tournament are as follows: 1st--$6,000 (guaranteed); 2nd--$3,000; 3rd--$2,000; 4th--$1,500; 5th--$1,350; 6th--$1,200; 7th--1,000; 8th--$700; 9th--$600; 10th--$500; 11th-15th--$350. *2nd through 15th place payouts based on full 75-team field.

In addition to the open class, there are divisions within the tournament. Division winners are eligible to win the overall cash and prize payouts, and fish only against teams within their division for an added $450 cash. Divisions include: Father/Son/Daughter; Husband/Wife/or Boyfriend/Girlfriend. Division winner payout based on full 75-team field.

Results from the 2007 tournament are posted on the official tournament website at http://www.fallwalleyeclassic.com, and includes a four minute video highlight of last year's tournament. A 30-minute outdoor show on the tournament will air in late March and early April.

**In addition to the $7,500 Warrior dealer contingency cash from Minnewasak Marine, there is also $7,500 in contingency cash for a qualifying G3 boat from Minnewaska Marine, if winning the 2008 tournament in a 2007 or newer G3 purchased from that dealer.

*Team registration is open to all teams regardless of which brand boat they fish from. Priority registration (guaranteed entry for 2008) for the 75 teams who fished the 2007 tourney was in January and less than 25 openings remain. Those openings will be filled on a first-paid, first-reserved basis.

I look forward to seeing you on the water this summer, Goose. Guys, stay tuned as I may be adding a truck contingency dealer to the mix as well in the weeks ahead. Currently negotiating with a dealerhsip that may offer a similar cash incentive for new trucks purchased from their dealership if you win the tourney at Minnewaska. If you have already registered for this tourney or are considering it and are in the market for a new vehicle you could be eligible for a considerable amount of incentive cash if purchasing from this particular dealership. Stay tuned.

hmmmmm...... crazy.gif

I think I'd have better luck with the lottery than a fishing tourney. Thanks for the reply.

How many openings remain? I just put a check in the mail tonight. We are really looking forward to it. My brother and I have never fished the lake, but will be spending quite a bit of time learning the lake before the tournament. Being qualified for both of the contingencies makes it very appealing!! \:\)

Lake Minnewaska is on the 2007 Minnesota chip by LakeMaster in a 1 ft. contour. LakeMaster also has the lake available on waterproof, papermaps in a 1 ft. contour as well. Incredible, accurate detail. For more info go to http://www.lakemap.com. Glad to hear you entered the tourney and good luck on winning those contingency $$$$$. We're hoping someone takes home a huge check and it could just as well be you!

• 1 month later...

A limited number of openings remain for this tournament. If you are thinking of fishing it you should get your entry forms sent in prior to last year's tourney airing on TV on April 18. The tourney will be aired on Saturday, April 18 at 11 a.m. on KSTC 45 out of Mpls. It will also air on FSN. I'm just waiting to hear from them as to the date/time confirmation. I expect that after it airs on TV that it will fill up fairly quick just like it did last year. If you need entry forms go to the official tourney website at: http://www.fallwalleyeclassic.com