• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BigWadeS

Blackduck Lake

BigWadeS

62-ML-158713-ML-

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      Manitoba requires the same, and I agree, we didn’t notice a difference either except for keeping bait on the hook.  It’s just a hard mental block to get around. @LBerquist, ouch!  Unfortunately I know what those are like.  Both getting them out of myself and helping others!  You can pinch the barbs down on any hook though.  Some lay down nice and others will break off, leaving just a little bit of a rough bump which I kind of like better.  There’s a little bit of grip left that way.
    • whateverisbiting
      Thanks for the tip something new to try 🙂
    • LBerquist
      I wish barb less hooks were more available. I'd switch, heard they come out easier....
    • Borch
      The gulp crawlers in packages are tougher than those in the alive container.  The one in the picture is from the alive container.  Both versions work well on spinner and slow death rigs. 
    • Borch
      Gulp crawler.  In the spot the walleyes were going in there was a pile of 3-5" perch that tore up the real crawlers.   Gulp crawlers took care of the issue and the eyes liked them too. 
    • delcecchi
      When we go to Quetico, barbless or mashed down barbs is mandatory.   To tell the truth I haven't noticed that we lose more fish with barbless than barbed.   Not catching muskies though.  Pike, walleye, bass, lake trout. 
    • delcecchi
      Vermilion might be down a little, but not much.  Your lakes might be different.  
    • whateverisbiting
      Is that a gulp worm?  I am not on Osakis but cant fish with live bait without the bass, sunnies, and perch hammering it instantly.
    • fisherjmb
      My parents were up yesterday and Wednesday and they did pretty good. Out in the mud in about 33-34 feet. Lots of boats were trolling but they did well looking for pods of fish and then spot-locking over the top of them and jigging with leeches and frozen shiners. 
    • Jmnhunter
      i havent been out in for atleast a month out there but check out walleye dan's facebook, he usually posts a report weekley; https://www.visitbrainerd.com/blog/fishing-report-july-16-2018/