• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bait needs??

MNSkin

Heading upto Appledorns this Friday-Sunday and wondering where we can get some bait? What seems to work best for tipups or rattle reels at night, in case Walldoe wants a change of pace on the last weekend?? Thanks in advance Tracey

Johnsons on the way to Appledorns. Its just a few miles before you get to the resort on the left.

Prince Bait in Milaca. 3 miles North of Milaca on HWY 169. For your rattle reels at night put on a shiner with a red hook. If you can't find shiners just use a fathead.

Princes had some shiners left but they went very big. i had to have tony do some digging to get me a couple dozen 3-5". They are what we got all our walleyes on this weekend. We got some really nice fish.

I would also plan on bringing up your own Euro larvae if you plan on using them for the perch. Seems the farther north ones goes the harder they are to find. Plenty of shops have the waxies but not the smaller version.

Thanks for the replys.. Anybody have a phone number of these places that I can try to reserve some bait possibly?? Thanks Tracey

Thanks for help on the bait needs. We learned two things this weekend the guy at Lundeens dosn't have to worry about ever selling us bait again. On the otherhand Johnson's gets big credit for being very sociable and willing to help 4 guys who haven't fished the lake very much. Just wish we would have bought all our bait there. I will drive out of my way to buy bait there again............Tracey..

P.S.- The fishing was beyond bad but the weather was nice and it wasn't from lack of effort......