• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My dog is avoiding me

primetime49

I have been gone from home for 6 months and my 3 year old dog seems to remember me and I love the attention he gives me .

My 13 year old labrador is acting like I left him and does not want to be near me.I have given him all the attention any dog could have ever wanted but now he is acting like he never knew me.

What do I need to do to get him back,anyone else ever have this problem????

You didnt grow a beard while you were gone did you? I was gone for 10 days this fall elk hunting, left clean shaven and came home with a full beard. My dog barked and growled and wouldnt come near me, hid behind my mother! I shaved the beard and we were best friends again!!

If thats not the case I would try and get alone with her, bring some treats, her favorite toy and reconnect. DOgs think in weird ways sometimes.

I've seen a couple of cases where the dogs feel abandoned when you leave them for awhile. They act like little kids and they sulk when you get back. That wasn't the case when my oldest son got back from Afghanistan. Our three dogs were all over him like he had candy in all his pockets. He's been home quite a while and they still mob him when he comes to visit.

I know this is in a different direction, but do you think maybe he just is not feeling well? I know when my pooch is not feeling great or is sore from hunting he just wants to be left alone.

prolly jealous. i work out of town often and get this from time to time, have you tried ignoring the dog.?

13 years old and just happy to lay around all the time

Hes feeling good and he really likes to take it easy

Last couple of evenings hes kinda showing all the emotion he can

I was just really woried that he would pass while I was gone and that would have been really hard

Thanks for responses