• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clutch Problems

huntingislife

Question

On the way home from work tonight I started having clutch problems. I suddenly lost about half of the motion in the clutch pedal. The pedal is loose until pushed about half way down and then I can feel the clutch. It is not slipping at all and was working fine before this. The truck is an 01 Mazda B3000. What could it be?

5 answers to this question

I just went out and checked the fluid level. It was about 1/4" low. I filled it up and the clutch came back. I replaced the slave cylinder 50k ago. I dont know how long they normally last. It seems strange that it happened so sudden. What should I look for or expect now?

If you look around the bottom side of the tranny, and see and oily film coming out of the bell housing, then the slave cylinder is what is leaking. MOst likely its leaking somewhere so jsut leaving it, it will eventually get worse. It may be good for a year, or a day, you never know.

Check around your master, the line going to the slave, all around the slave. It's leaking somewhere. With any luck it's just a flare fitting that needs tightening.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I will check around tonight for leaks. Hopefully its just something loose.