• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How much cap room do the Vikings have?

maros91

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tisosy11

• james_walleye

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

Justin Smith signed a deal with the 49ers. I believe its a must now to get Berrian under contract.

Let's just hope that Berrian is actually signed. All these names keep falling off the board and it looks like the vikings of old still sitting around with one guy. I PRAY that the vikes get off their arses and get some stuff done.

I've heard hes heading to oakland today but its from teh same source that said he was in oakland yesterday...

Just read the latest Kevin Siefert blog posted at 10:12am. As they were waiting for the Williams news conference a viking official and a player wearing a viking cap and carrying a viking jersey emerged and walked through. He stated it was not Williams and looked like Berrian from a distance but they couldnt confirm it. Childress than stated that indeed Berrian was still upstairs at winterpark and talks were still ongoing. He stated it wouldnt be surprising to get wind a Berrian news conference this afternoon or sunday am.

Update!! The blog says after examing pictures of the bears media guide they are 100% it was Berrian wearing the viking cap and carrying the viking jersey!! It also stated the vikings are 1 of 10 teams that have contacted Javon Walker. Interesting.....

An odd thing happened as media members waited in the Winter Park practice facility for the Madieu Williams’ news conference to begin. A Vikings official and someone wearing a Vikings cap and with a Vikings jersey in his arm emerged from the team’s weight room.

First thought: Did we just see Bernard Berrian? It certainly wasn’t Williams and it looked like Berrian. (Update: After examining his picture in the Bears media guide, we are now sure it was the 6-foot-1 Berrian.)

Sweet, I figured they wouldn't let Berrian leave, even with the Chicago Tribune's false accusations. I wish we could signed Justin Smith, but getting Berrian will help up shore up the WR position for us.

Plan B for DE, Odom....Jevon Kearse cut by the Eagles....Also some Cannity guy from Dallas. Otherwise Speilman better be calling Parcells and seeing what he'd ask for in exchange for Jason Taylor!

Also I heard some talk of us trading for Derik Anderson with our 1st and 3rd round picks. Any thoughts? I doubt it would happen with Chilly wanting to keep T-Jack as starter. I also like J.P Losman before Sage Rosenfals, but I'm not in the front office.

Can't believe the 49ers signing Smith, Issac Bruce and DeShaun Foster! They are really throwing the money around....even though they should be signing an o-line more than skill players.

Kevin Siefert, the Chicag Sun, and foxsportsnews are all reporting that Berrian has inked a 6 year deal! The official announcement to come soon!!!!

That is what they are saying on ESPN too. 6 Year deal with the terms undisclosed right now. Im sure its gonna be a buttload of money.

Wrong about smith...but i'm glad.

We need to find a cheaper option for DE and then draft for the position...

I think Kearse will come on the cheap. He could play pass downs. He isn't CLOSE to what he was before but can still get in there.

i'm not to worried about the DE situation...i'm glad all these mediocre DE's are getting signed before they get to mn...i'm all about letting robison being a full time starter personally.

i think if kearse could stay healthy and sign with the vikes he could get his career going strong again...lined up next to fat pat and k-will a guy like kearse could get free....same reason i think a guy like robison could be real good...he has a good motor and gets after the qb...he forces fumbles and hurries the qb alot.

ofcourse if we can get jason taylor id say go for it...he'd excell on our line.

i also hope we are trying to work out a deal for deangelo hall or lito shepperd.

vikes are on the move and i know they are getting [PoorWordUsage] all the guys are signing right before they get to us so hopefully we step up and make a blockbuster trade or two instead....that would be sweet.

Those Blockbuster trades aren't likely but with our added picks it wouldn't hurt to try it. MeMo is going so its unlikely chester will be traded (which is nice)

Should be an interesting couple of weeks...months. Couple weeks of nfl FA stuff, then ncaa championship week/tournament, then masters and then the draft!!!

I think if the team is going to make a trade that CB would be the least of their worries.

There are much bigger needs on this team than CB. Don't get me wrong, those guys would be an upgrade, but do you trade picks away to make that upgrade or make bigger upgrades in other areas such as DE. Winfield and Griffin isnt to bad and Mccauley should be just fine in the nickel.

winfield is not a true #1...he's a good corner and one of the best in the league at tackling.

any wr with height and talent wipes the floor with winfield in coverage...i'm talking about a corner you can basically leave 1 on 1 against almost any wr in the game. a shutdown corner.

winfield isn't getting any younger and he's not as reliable as before.

we need a pass rushing DE and a shutdown corner.

jared allen would be a great trade move if we can get it done...he's a beast and he's young...he got franchised and is gonna be leaving kc next season so they might as well take something why they can.

hall wants out of atlanta...he's a true #1 cb thats young and mad talent...i'd do what it took to get 2 guys like these if we are serious as they say we are about making a push.

both are young players that are at the top at their position and we know what we are getting...it's better then holding on to our pics and hoping to get guys like them.

antoine winfield is a guy that can tackle but he is not a good coverage guy.....we had our best coverage games last year when he was injured! i like antoine but he can't cover 1 on 1

Ok, again, the CB position is not the biggest worry on this team. If you are going to trade picks you don't go there. If you are going to make a push this year there are bigger needs than CB to trade for. You don't trade away a #1 pick for a CB and ignore the DE situation that you could be helping. No one is saying you can't upgrade at corner by adding Hall but the CB is not in any kind of dire straits for this team. Part of the reason our CB's look like they get on islands is because they have to cover for 8 seconds. I don't care what corner you are, thats not a good situation. You take care of the pass rush and the corners will be just fine.

james...you need both.

a true #1 cb is in dire need for this team...you can't depend on an old cb that can't cover and a couple other inexperienced cb's.

i know any cb in the league has a disadvantage when the qb has so much time in the pocket and wr's get to break routes.

we definatly need a solid DE but we also need some better CB's...either one would be a great addition...both would be the best.

Well i wouldnt expect it to happen. There has been no offseason talk by Childress or anyone in the front office about picking up a corner so they must feel pretty comfortable with it. Remember, in this defensive scheme that the mentality is don't give up the big play. Its a mentality that its hard to go 80 yards in 12 plays to score a TD. This mentality is part of the reason you see the CB's playing like they do. 1st objective, don't give up the 70 yard bomb. Its part of the reason the team ranked 20th in overall yardage given up but moved up to 12th in points given up. Again, Hall is an upgrade, but at what price? With not getting a DE i think the vikes are resigned to snagging one with that 17th pick even if they were to take a flyer on Kearse. That being said, now how do you trade for Hall??

You wouldnt be able to go after two top players, without trading away years of draft picks, or a player you dont want to get rid of ( Chester Taylor). I would love to get both, but it would be to costly for the teams future. Imagine you trade everything to get these guys and get injured now you have nothing. Get the best DE in the draft with #17, then address your cb with a later pick, let him develop for a couple years. James w is right, they need a pass rush, if they only need to cover them for 3 seconds, anyone of our cb should be able to take care of that, if not we have a good safety to back them up.

you guys put to much stock into 1st round picks...go back and look at the vikings draft history and tell me you wouldn't of been happy to trade them guys for a top player at their position....not to mention you still pay top dollar to sign that 1st rounder when he has no experience and is not proven....most turn out junk...tell me that isn't true.

you get a few stars here and there but most don't live up to their pick.

would you trade williamson or erasmus james for hall or allen? how bout both of them?

Have you not seen how teams win in the NFL? It is through the draft. Daniel Snyder has tried the free agency, trade your draft picks away approach and its gotten him no where. If what your saying is true you would be seeing teams trading alot more than they do. You have strong drafts and you supplement them through free agency and such. Now the vikings have had some strong drafts the last couple years and this offseason they have been suplementing. For the right man and at the place the vikings are at, trading their 1st rounder this year for someone who could make an instant impact might make sense. I just don't see trading it for a CB making sense because you have then totally ignored 1 of the 2 glaring needs coming into the offseason, DE and pass rush.

lol what about AP he was a first rounder...that one is to easy....so was randy moss and k-will right?

take a peek at our DE's we've drafted throughout the yrs...we take a couple each yr...alot of them are 1st rounders or top picks...if the answer is through the draft why are we in such desperate need? by now we should have so many stellar DE's we should be looking to trade one away.