• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LowranceNET

bklimek

Question

What can you tell me if anything about their networking system? My main question is if I run a lowrance at the console and one at the bow if I enter a waypoint into any of those units will it automatically transfer to the other?

5 answers to this question

The software versions in existence when the LowranceNET came out would not share waypoints, but the updated software versions that are out there now (download from their website) allow you the option to set a waypoint and have it show up on the other units on the network. It works with waypoints, it does not work with icons.

What he said. Ask away with any questions, someone should have answers. I almost think that there should be a forum just for lowrance electronics. There are enough of us who run them and we always have questions.

On the later software versions, there is a waypoint sharing box (under one of the menu options) that must be checked on both unit that are networked.

You can do it 2 ways. First, you could call lowrance and have you ship out the latest version on a card and put it into your unit. I think they may charge you for this, because so many were not being returned to them. Or you can go to the lowrance website under support/downloads. And download the current version onto a SD/MMC card. You should check the current version of your software first and use a blank card for the best results. The process is described in detail on their website.