• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whos Ready?

fishnhuntnboy

I have just got to say I am ready for the ice to be out and go fish open water. I have a real bad itch to hit the water for opener even tho it is 3 months away. Also watching all these fishing shows on TV isnt helping crazy.gif

So whos ready and what are your plans when ice is out and for open. I know I will be out for those paper mouths

I am sooo ready! Went down to the Duluth boat show last night and the wife had to wipe the drool from my face...so many boats...not enough money!

I wouldn't mind a few more trips out on the ice in March, but I'm ready for spring!

I'm really tired of winter! So yes the boat is ready to go in right now,maybe I'll just set it on the ice and wait.

Dont forget to tie it up! We had a permanent dock one year at the cabin and when spring came, no dock! We found it about a mile away floating along shore...towed it back with a 4hp...I'll never forget that. Thinking about this brings back more memories of opener...ok forget the ice in March, I'm ready

I'll be open water fishing this weekend, know need to wait 3 months just come on down here & hit pool 4.

yeah i kno after this month when walleye and all ends i will be going crazy even tho i havent had good luck ice fishing anyway this year.

now i am trying to convince my dad on letting me bring the boat up here to ely for bass opener and before college ends for the year.

Originally Posted By: Loves-Fishing-Guy
I'll be open water fishing this weekend, know need to wait 3 months just come on down here & hit pool 4.

BRRRR have fun dont forget somthin cool to sip on.

I am ready, was thinking about it today. Of course maybe it will warm up so can hunt some pannies yet on the ice.

Lynn

Definitely ready to hit the crappies and 'gills in open water out of the boat! I love fishing the open water! As long as I can find pannies before the opener, my sanity will stay in check until the 'eye opener. crazy.gifgrin.gif

I love all the seasons we have. Ya at times (50 below wind chills) I wish spring came sooner but overall I really enjoy all the different types of fishing seasons we have around these parts. Heck the best winter bite isnt even here yet. Put on the big boots and hit the ice.

I start getting the itch for some open water fishing about this time of year. I will scratch that itch in a couple of weeks by taking a trip to KY and meet up with a buddy of mine for some striper fishing. Then return and get ready for some walleye and sturgeon fishing on the Rainy. In the meantime I have to entertain myself peering down a hole and watching the dial hoping for a flash of red.

I still have some good ice fishing to do. I plan on getting the boat out of storage next week and start to add a few new toys to the boat. It wont be long and one can get on the river around pool 4 & 5 and do some early eye and sauger fishing.

The last few winters were very mild, I was really starting to love "gobal warming." Fishing 12 months of the year!! I know that I'm ready to get on the water. My issue is I can't "fish shallow" as my father calls it (that would be working on your boat in the garage), my garage heater is broken and in need of some repair. Maybe I will get to it this weekend, then I can get the boat thawed out and dream of warmer weather and open water.

i try to contain my open water itch, by slowly buying my new stuff for the season. i just got my order from berkely thursday. this will keep me under control for a little while! grin.gif

next order may be some muskie stuff !

I'm ready. While I love ice fishing, I think I was born to be in the front of a boat tossing lures all day. This year is a little extra tough since I got a new boat in October and only got to use it a few times. Lots of rigging to do on it, new electronics, lights, rod holders. That should keep me busy till April.

Originally Posted By: delmuts
i try to contain my open water itch, by slowly buying my new stuff for the season. i just got my order from berkely thursday. this will keep me under control for a little while! grin.gif

next order may be some muskie stuff !

Delmuts- I hear ya--I have a order coming in, I know that it will keep me occupied for a while. Bring on the thaw!!!

I'm ready. I leave on Wedsnday for a week vaction to Mexico. Come back and get the boat ready for the open water season!!!!!

Brian

This snow is killing me! Got a tournament in Illinois in a month and it would be nice to get a line wet before we go. I fell through too many times ice fishing so it is either in a boat or nothing for this guy. Come on warm weather!

Still plenty of time for some good late season ice fishing. Would be nice though, if it would warm up a little bit.

I just ordered my new pair of costa del mar sunglasses and picked up a rod and reel combo last week so I am slowly collecting new gear for the new season. I will probably go chase some pannies yet a couple times this year.

Beginning right about now is the time when temperatures really start to warm up over a short period of time. While the wind over snow cover is still cold, you can really start to feel the warmth of the sun. My car is actually pretty reasonable in terms of temperature if I park it in the sun when I head out to lunch. I'm feeling about an early April ice out for the metro area lakes, a week or two later for the north.

I heard on the radio today that the sun is as direct to the earth right now as it is in October. Guess it takes awhile to thaw though

I am defiantly ready to slam the paper mouths as soon as the water opens up and maybe head to SD for some walleye fishing if the itch gets really bad. Can't wait, but for now it's chasing big pike under the ice for this guy

I go to Canada every other year with 10 of my best friends, we just had a "meeting" last weekend, now I have the itch for some open water, I dusted out my tackle box tonight, and dreamed of cussing at the walleye I'll probably miss this opener,(Light hook set!!!)

Very ready, I may just pull the boat int the heated garage and start getting it ready for another open water season.

Definetly getting a new planer mast, maybe upgrade the stereo and fix that dang wobbly seat. I love boat prep time, like big kids constructer sets.

Quote:
I'm feeling about an early April ice out for the metro area lakes

No way!!! There is 30" of ice. Mid to late April before we get open water on metro lakes. There is plenty of open water on the river right now though. We had ice on Prior until the middle of April last year and we didn't have much ice at all last season. It's a long way off for those of you who don't fish the river.

It has more to do with temperature than it does with ice thickness methinks. The mean temperature last April was only 48 degrees, and really it was much colder at the beginning of the month than that. 2006 the mean was 54 degrees, so quite a bit warmer. In fact 2003 was the last time we had an April as cold as last year. So if we get a nice warm Spring expect some serious meltdown, even though the ice is thick.