• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kid tourney on Lief Lake

There is a kid's tourney this Saturday on Lief -- It's free and a really neat thing for kids. I don't know if the weather will change it but it is 9:30 till noon, I think.

I plan on being there. I am bringing my kids and the most juvenile of moderators -- DEADhead. ;\)

Anyone else have info on that tourney?

yes, it's just north of the landing (supper club) between Leif and Big C on hwy 6.

for ages 15 and under, all tackle and bait is provided free.

sounds like hot dogs/pop available too. + prizes!

I'll see ya there 44..

Dang, that sounds like fun, but we will be at winter camp this weekend. I took my kids to one of these tourneys a few years back on Little DL, it was put on by Dick Beardsley. They had a blast and it is a really fun day for the kids and the whole family. Have fun Hitman, you'll enjoy it, wish I could make it out there with you and Deadhead grin.gif.

Deadhead, you should take your daughter out there too, she would have a blast (I saw your bio that you put up on one of the other forums) sounds like the weather will be nice too..

Have fun!!

We had a great time at the little kid derby. There were 179 kids signed up and at least 12 Hawley Scouts showed up after talking about it during a meeting.

The Rod and Gun club put on a GREAT event and the kids had a blast.

I had my two second graders and the neighbor's second grader who is the boy's best pal. It was a nice day to be out, but slow on the ice with only a dozen fish on the board. Three northers were caught, four v. small crappies and coupe of sunnies and a four-year-old girl brought up a four inch perch -- she was so proud and the look on her face was priceless.

Good times had by all. Every kid got a pole, his own waxies, his own minnows, small tackle box, lunch and at least 1/2 the kids won prizes at the end. Two of three of mine did.

Excellent job by the Sportsman's rod and gun club.

Thanks

HITMAN