• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for some advice on Spirit and Andersons

walleyerookie

I am going up this weekend and next weekend to catch some jumbos and eyes. I am not looking for the "honey hole" just some advice on where to start with my tackle. I hear the bite is not so great, but just looking to have a good time and catch some fish.

Thanks for your time and advice

Walleyrookie

For the Jumbo's go small and on the bottom. For the Walters I have got a few on a Chartruesse hook with a fathead. Not many but a few.

DSW,

thanks for the info, are you talking about a buck shot, genz, jig? any info will help thank you for your time

very tips of the reefs have been working for me all throughout the day for me... perch gem-n-eye's and a fat head have caught a lot of the fish... be speratic though... think out of the box when running around reefs... the could be anyhwere

I'm heading up there this sunday, not going to spirit or andersons, but you guys havin better luck jiggin the eyes with a buckshot n minnow head, or dead stickin fatheads/shiners? Hoping to get some walleyes for dinner, but mostly targeting the jumbos.

Thanks for all the imput, a couple buddies went up there this weekend and will post what they did and what they are using

thanks for all the info keep it coming !!!

The Walleye Rookie

Slow would be an understatement, we went up with a crew of 6 guys on Friday and then had abut 6 more come up on Sat. We spread out all over andersons reef from about 25 ft. to 32 feet and managed about 6 jumbo's for the weekend (OUCH). Also went out on four wheelers to 7 mile and only got one jumbo. Sat. Morning we did manage to get a 25 1/2 walleye and KJ said that a few other walleyes in the 24-28 range were caught in all the houses. One good thing is the DVD player worked well and rockmans burgers are always the best.

Sounds like a lot of hard work for a couple of jumbos, hope to break that streak Wed night threw Sunday...the best thing about fishing is the time spent with friends......and a couple Captains \:\)

i have a question for everybody, where can a guy pick up some gem n eyes.....does gander handle them cabelas or the local bait shops (which i prefer)

Good luck fishing all !!!!!

we fished saturday on the west side off the rock reefs in 28ft. We caught 9 jumbos between the 2 of us. Threw back about 6 more that were just under 10". Jumbos were full of bugs. We used small tear droped jigs (vertical hook) and euros. They didn't want minnows or heads. It was slow probably due to the weather but bobbers were consistantly getting "twitched" by small 4 in perch. We had to keep the bait moving or we got nothing.

GL

Faner

GL,

Thanks for the update, that was invaluable !!

Hope the luck continues !!!

Good luck all !!!

Walleye Rookie

We had a very good weekend out of wilderness warmth. We ended up with 3 jumbos and 17" 2 19" 24" 27" and a 29" walleyes out by the island in the transition area with rocks and mud most fish were caught on shiners between 9pm and 1am

walleyerookie-

Gem-N-eyes are money! haha, hence the name.. That's all I use on my dead stick, whether its fishin eyes or crappies, the smaller size works great for the jumbos too. But yes-- gander, cabelas, sportsman's warehouse, fleet-farm, and most local bait shops should have some. Get the red glow, they're lethal..