• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone out there know of some good GPS lake map programs that are compatible w/ Garmin GPSmaps 76S? I don't really want to get a different GPS just to get decent lake maps as I really like the options/tools with this GPS for land.

I was just wondering the same thing the other day. I know lowrance has good lake maps, but I like the garmin GPS units better.

anyone know??

I have been looking at various software websites and really have not found anything worthwhile. Garmin has their LakeMaster series that you can get for MN,WI, and MI but it only has contour info on 5' intervals for several lakes in MN--everything else is 10' which is similar to the Sportman's book. Not to mention, zero info for the big lake.

Yeah I have heard through the grapevine that the garmin lake software is kinda lame. I have seen the lowrance maps first hand and they are pretty darn good and have almost every lake.