• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

JR's Corner

BigVLover

Coming up this weekend and we'll be using JR's access. What is the best way to get there from Kelliher? Is there an address that I could use on Mapquest. Has anyone used the access recently? Thanks in advance.

72 N out of Kelliher and then take a right on 23. Then just keep driving until you see JR's. The road will change to gravel eventually and then it is a couple of miles after that. You will see a sign when you come to it.

It is a good place! A nice spot to clean fish and he will fry them up and give you a huge plate of fries for $5. Can't beat it. They also have pizza, beverages, showers, etc. I forget the access fee. Somewhere around $10 I believe.

I will be there myself this weekend out of JR's.

Good luck.

Was up to JR's last week and caught good numbers of walleyes before the cold front. Just stop in and talk to JR and he will tell ya where to set up. I like being able to take walleyes back to their bar and get em cooked up with fries for 5 bucks.

We caught all our fish on a dead stick, plain hook and minnow! They left the area after we jigged, so we left it up to dead sticks and rattle reels. Our game of dirty clubs rarely made it two hands without a fish being caught.

Coming up this weekend and heard from a buddy that a couple guys he knows got into some eyes out of jrs during the nasty weather last wekend. Has this area been fairly productive all year? bringing my brother who's never been on red just trying to get him into some action. Last year we went out of hillman's and did a lot of hole popping and pounded the slabs. wondering if there has been anything to speak of in this area regarding the slabs or is it the typical 1-2 mixed in?

If you have the fish cleaned there and Barney is doing the cleaning say hi to him for me. We play poker every week if he's back home. Just tell him it's the guy who always wins. He'll know who! Thanks!!

Coming up Sat-Mon. Is there shower's available down by JR's Corner, or do I have to head up to WestWind?

Also, renting a 4-man sleeper from Battle River Lodge, I assume Jerry will take care of a guy?

any reports?

Don't know about JR's, but Morts has showers, you don't need to go all the way to the east side for that...

JR's does have showers available for customers.

Out of 24 hours I think Jerry spends at least 95% of his time up at the lake. He comes home for supplies and heads back up....so I think he will take care of you! Let me know if he doesn't!! I'm sure JR sees him more than I do! crazy.gif

So Jr knows his stuff. He isn't a guide though, right. Just wondering. I am a virgin to URL. So thats why I ask.

Just got a call from Jerry at 6:27PM (friday) and he says it's like an old timer used to say "some are catching and some are not"! One group is here for a few hours and they are doing really well...in a "hot" spot and others are not doing as well.

I forgot to ask on specific species...so presuming walleye.