• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
kingspade651

Temptation

kingspade651

You gotta love it when you go to some kind of tackle outfitter just to compare prices and what not, and end up spending a lot of money on new stuff? For example, i went to Gander Mtn in Lakeville yesterday just wanted to check out some tip ups, ended up spending like 40dollars on new jigs and stuff for my poles. It seems like i do this EVERY time i go somewhere, but the more tackle the merrier =). Anybody ever walk in with no intentions and walk out with an auger? some guys standing by me did. I noticed gander is really starting to dwindle down their winter supply, i seen a lot of summer stuff moving back into the winter area?

Matt C

I did the same thing at that store on Saturday...went in to get line for a new pole...walked out spending over a Franklin.

Had to get that 48" drift sock, oh and that jig looks good.....

kingspade651

lol gotta love it. Thats what happens when you live to fish

BigGrassBass

There is a reason I am only allowed to go to Gander once a month! My wife even cleans out my walet before I go! The only thing I'm allowed to walk into that store with are my drivers liscense and whatever cash is in my walet, no credit cards!

I love that woman...

polarsusd81

BigGrassBass -

That just means you have to hit the atm before you tell your wife you are going to gander. Take out some cash and stash it in your pocket, shoe, underwear (we know she won't check there), whatever works. It is hard for me cause Gander is between the park and ride and my house. Twice weekly I stop in.

kingspade651

Not to mention i went to prior this last friday, went to prior lake bait and tackle, was gonna buy just bait, and spent 20-25 on new panfish rigs

ikeslayer

now now boys lets not start with the strategies of decieting our wives. This may go down hill quick. Gotta love a man's mind

ike

evinrude19

i do that all the time fleet farm is about 100 yards away from my house and that can be deadly during november and december for ice fishing stuff

Lusid

lol, average bill when I hit up any outdoors place is 20-30bucks...

ALWAYS spend around that amount.

Matt C

Lusid - your spouse must watch this forum?

ROOOOSTERFISH

Has anyone have to sit and watch while your better half spends hours looking at stuff she does not want to buy? You ask, " can we go now", and she says, "in a minute I am not done yet". But, when we go to a Gander or a Fleet we are not even there to get our feet wet and they say , "Lets Go". Still a little confused on that one.

UdeLakeTom

You just have to send her the other way at fleet farm...they have "ladies" stuff there too. Maybe not the boutique quite stuff, but it should keep them busy for a couple of minutes...now Gander, that's a different story. grin.gif

Fishnblood

Man, for some odd reason I get that when i am looking at the newspaper ads for gander....Hmm could be because if i look i more then likely have to buy! cool.gif

JBMasterAngler

I'm still trying to win points back with the mrs. after my vexilar/ice armor suit/buddy heater purchases this winter. Of course my goal was to buy a few jigs on each occasion, I got them too of course. grin.gif

weeds

Last time I was in Fleet Farm, I was looking at a $250 flip over. The wife didn't like the space or the construction and made me upgrade to the Fishtrap X2. Then she bought the travel cover. Then she proceeded to outfit herself with that women's Carhaart line of goods. We might be a dangerous combination. There are worse problems to have I guess.