• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

16 mile

I heard a rumor that Babler is no longer plowing a road to 16 mile, does anyone know if that is true or not?

Give Richard a call maybe? If he don't answer the phone he will have a recording of up to date road conditions for you.

fiskyknut

I called and there is a road he just stopped for a few days due to the blowing, which in my mind is when you need someone to plow but it is his business.

Thats kind of standard when the wind is blowing so hard eh. Few day battle as it fills in as quick as they can get it plowed out. The days he won't be plowing he will either be in his hut telling folks that he won't be plowing or he will have a sign up stating such.

We talked to him on friday, he was unsure how long he was going to plow all the way out there, so we pulled our house, don't want to be snowed in that far out. It sounded like only a week or two longer, but I'm sure that will depend on the wind.

Yepper work sucks! He tries every year to keep it rolling for us iffin the snow and ice conditions allow him to do so.

BIG thanks to Richard.

fiskyknut

Thanks...Next question would be is it good fishing out there in early march or is a place like zipple a better option? Looking for the best option while traveling in a 1/2 ton 4x4. I will obviously monitor all posts and reports prior to our trip.

Hmmmmm, last year the majority if not all of my early and mid March Walleye trips were out to 16mile. It was a grand time and 4 of 5 trips they were 'on' bigtime! 1 of 5 were only 'good' catching! Later in March I start to thinking East myself.

My book March is the best time for catching out on 16m.

fiskyknut

So if we have a wheel house as home base, and we would like to check out Garden island or oak island area, where is a good place to set down for the ones in the house who may not want to pull partables around, and what has the fishing been like in this or these areas? Feel a little strange asking all these questions as I typically am on Mile lacs and answering questions. Any info will be appreciated