• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Put him in your Prayers

bassNspear

Vikings starting defensive end, Kenechi Udeze, is fighting leukemia.

Udeze’s doctors are still trying to determine what grade of leukemia he is dealing with.

5 EYEWITNESS NEWS was the first to report the diagnosis, which has hit his Vikings teammates hard. He is still undergoing tests and it could be several weeks before the severity of the cancer is known.

Udeze is a former No. 1 draft pick out of southern California. Last year he played in all 16 games with 53 tackles – 33 of them were solo grabs.

Leukemia is a cancer of the blood that starts in the bone marrow.

Udeze's agent, Ethan Lock, would not comment on the diagnosis.

That's really some sad news. My dad passed away at the age of 50 from Leukemia and I learned the hard way it is a very tough illness to deal with. There are, of course, different "kinds" of Leukemia so hopefully his will be one that is easily treated. He will be in my prayers as well.

Wow, I had heard something with a Vikes player. That's horrible, don't like to hear about cancer in anyone. At least he's in MN and has great med care. Here's to hoping he comes through great.

WOW. It proves that cancer can strike anyone. Rich or poor, good physical condition or not, its an equal oppportunity killer. bad stuff!!!

thoughts and prayers go out to Kenechi Udeze

Wow haven't heard that before, he's a good player and hopefully he can win the battle with it.