• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The new trout and bass fishing league is underway with registration starting to take place in the next few days and you will be able to register up until April 1st. The rules will be sent out on Feb 15th to everybody that gets in contact with me. My email is TLHanson87 at yahoo dot com please send an email to me if you are interested or leave a reply on here and I will send you an email letting you know what is going on. In general this is a bass and trout fishing league that you will register your five best fish every month showing lengths and the lengths will be added up. 90% payback with 1st and 2nd guaranteed money and more places with more people. The other 10% is going to the DNR. $20 entry fee. GET IN ON THE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

TLHanson87 at yahoo dot com

Hey i would like some info on this it sounds like fun. Just wondering how it all works do you need pictures or how does this all work?

Yes it is a picture contese...shoot me an email and I will send you the rules for the contest.....TLHanson87 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Official Rules

Minnesota Trout and Bass Fishing League Official Rules

1. The contest will run April 12th 2008 through September 14th 2008. You will be allowed to register your five best fish each month and the total lengths will be added up. Bass are off limits completely until the season opens then start registering. The season for bass opens on May 24th and for largemouth will run through the length of the contest while the smallmouth seasons ends on September 7th so no smallies are allowed to be registered after that date. There will be a separate printout for each month that you will have to have showing in every photo of the fish you register. You will also need to have a clear shot of the fish on a tape measure showing the length clearly so I can judge it. Measurements will be to the nearest ¼ of an inch. The upper 1/8 of an inch will be rounded up and the lower 1/8 of an inch will be rounded down. Here is an example of a printout that you will need(it does not have to be in color but it does have to be identical to the picture that I post if it is not the same printout you will be awarded no points for your fish):

2. You will be allowed to register trout and bass any combination of them up to 5 fish. The options for the trout to be registered are a rainbow, brook, brown, or tiger trout. The options for bass that are able to be registered are largemouth or smallmouth. The largest fish of each species caught during the month will receive a bonus inch point for the contest. So whoever registers the biggest trout(any of the eligible types) will receive a bonus inch for the contest. The one exception to this rule is the brook trout. Due to lower numbers of sized brook trout I feel that people may not target them so much when registering fish. Due to this, whoever has the largest brook trout each month will be awarded 3 bonus inch points. Whoever registers the biggest bass(either type) will receive a bonus inch.

3. Throughout the year the total lengths of the fish will be added up to the nearest quarter of an inch. Standings will be posted after each month of the tournament and kept up to date. Prizes will be given away at random for such things as nicest fish, standings leader, last place in standings, and other oddball things like that.

5. The entry fee for this contest will be $20 with a 90% payback rate and the other 10% of the entry fee going in donation to the Lanesboro area fisheries to assist in the stocking of our streams. Donations are accepted if you wish to sponsor this league in anyway.

6. You are allowed to fish on any stream that you wish as long as it is in Minnesota. I am relying on everybody being honest as far as this goes and hope to see it not taken advantage of. Lake Superior fish will not be allowed for registering for the reason of this is more to get out on the streams and those are larger fish than most people that fish streams will be able to find.

Back to the top here. Anybody interested let me know to get in on the action and I will put you in the email list and get you all the info you need to start. Lots of prizes and fun here.

Awesom thanks and mkendall/hardwaterjiggin if you are gonna be in this you should just give me your twenty bucks and i will let you come along and look at my fish. Think of it as paying for a trip to the zoo entertaining and big fish. ike

Thanks

Ike: I can think of many other ways to waste my time other than w a i t i n g for you to catch pusbellies that most any 6 year old can target. You live in MN--the land of tasty game fish and you target bass; hey there's a sale on fish sticks at Hy-vee.

YEah, Hes just jealous cause he can't catch bass Ike...

1152 posts Ike..???

WOW.. and you say I spend too much time on the Forums..

I don't want to hear it anymore...

yes Stelz i may have that many post but my long time average isn't 3.75 per day. YIKES. And kendall. i would rather got to walmart and buy fish sticks than jig all day for your so called tasty game. i am too A.D.D. for that business. Plus being the good guy that you are you go out and do the mind numbing jigging and then you just feed me sounds like win win for me and a lose/suicide for you. ike

Hanson,

I think you should allow cats! Bet that would tip the polls a little. I know I have no shot competing this they hardcore bass and trout dudes, but I'll give it a shot. I fish both on occasion. Hopefully I can round up enough to make the 5 fish monthly limit.

Tyler, when you go up for the excursion- just west of Silver Creek normally holds some nice smallmouth; the US/Canada borderwaters are continuous season. Could get you a leg up...but then why fish bass when the sturgeon are ripe for the picking.

HWJiggin,

April 17-20. I appreciate the smallmouth info, but we'll prob keep the sturg sticks wet all day, every day.

Hey, I would love to get in on this, but there is only one problem. I am deployed in Kosovo with the Army and I will not be back in Minnesota until July sometime, can I get in on this and pay the $20 once I get back?

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the top here as we come closer and closer to time to get going.

• 2 weeks later...

later than you probably wanted it but i shipped it off today. Should be fun. ike

hanson check your email - dude I'm in... I will meet ya in Roch on tuesday or whenever works for you, I can come to PI too, I'm in Mantorville.

THis starts saturday right??? When do we get this magic sheet of paper? ike

Starts on Saturday yes and you will use the website to get the photo and whatever else you need. Check your email I sent it out to ya a few mins ago.