• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

frist time going to washington this year and would like to know if you can drive in the narrows from westwood to third point, thanks.

I have never trusted the narrows. When I ice fish this lake, I will go to the north landing to drive out onto that east side of the lake and if I fish the west side, I go out of the Westwood landing. That has always seemed to be the safest way to travel on the two sides of this lake. I have seen open water by the narrows in the middle of the winter.

Be safe and use the other landings.

I was out there a few weeks ago and there was plenty of ice. 20" at least where I was drilling and I was fishing the narrows. Nothing there so we moved onward. You will see a trail of where the trucks cross the narrows. It will be on the left side, but then again I have seen people drive right over the narrows and also on the right side.

I would for no money drive my vechile through the narrows at any time of the winter ice season. Way to many times have I seen ice solid one day and a few later the geese were swimming in that same spot.

Yes, it is a dangerous spot.

thanks all, i will just check in at westwood and just drive over to the north landing. the wifes work has a little tourny out there on sat,

I'm heading out there for the first time today myself (for winter fishing), great info guys! Any heads up on where they're biting? I usually head to Duck for the consistant bite but with no electronics and a hand auger it makes it pretty hard to drill, check and move. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

The "mouth" into Baker's Bay just E of Squirrel's Nest Point is a good area to look as is the area out in front of Grassy Island.

Good luck.

doughnut with no electronics you might be ok to go back to the county park they are getting sunnies and it is shallow, should be easier without flasher in that shallow water