• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dickies Port Side Resort

ducksnbucks

We got a free weekend at one of Dickies sleeper houses and I was just curious if anyone has ever had any experience through them, good or bad. Either way we will bring beer and cards but I was just checking to see. Thanks for the input.

ducksnbucks, Dickies is an alright resort. there are a lot of past posts about details of staying out of dickies. Look back a week or two and you'll find all the info you need.Good luck

bring a bucket in case you get the middle of the night "urge". they don't have an outhouse as promised. i would also bring a back-up heat source. their stuff is really old and not well taken care of. if you have problems in the middle of the night, you won't be able to get a hold of anyone. they are running this outfit 11 miles away. with a little warning and planning, you can make it enjoyable. it's tough to beat 'free'.

Thanks fellas for the reports and thanks for the heads up on the heat and such. Anything further would be greatly appreciated.

We stayed in a Dickies on Mille Lacs 12-man house last weekend(out of Liberty Beach). It had 12 bunks....all the same size (3 high). It had two heater and we never had any problems keeping the place warm (had to keep it on 65* so we didn't roast....even in the -20* weather). The heaters worked great. There was a bathroom which consisted of a chair/bucket, and it served it's purpose.

Check in was not until around 4pm I think.....my buddy got there at 10:00am Friday and they took him right out to the house. Holes were all drilled, heat was on and lights were lit.

Regular rattle reels every few holes (probably 8 total)....only one was missing...all had line on them. They came out Saturday morning to grab the trash.

The houses were not brand new.....but the one we stayed in was just fine for what we wanted and it served it's purpose well.