• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sarah or Shetek ?

so this fri. where are we headed?

Boilerguy, perchpounder, anyone else, where should we go? Shetek is sounding good.

Whats the word down there?

From what I"ve heard from a couple of my buddies sarah has been pretty slow....or maybe they just dont know how to fish..lol. I heard that the only fish caught today for thier derby was an 8" walleye. On the other hand, ya dont know til ya try. I am thinking of just keeping my house on shetek.

I'm thinkin we should hit the north side of Shetek. Some neighbors of mine were at the derby on Sarah over the weekend and didn't catch anything. However, we all know fishing Sarah you have to be mobile and with the weather they just drilled and hunkered down.

Sarah will give you nice perch, walleye, and crappies. Shetek will do the same. However, I'm thinking the bite on Sheteks north side is going better than Sarah's is right now.

I'm not stubborn, just ask my wife. grin.gif I'll go where the group decides. I vote for Shetek.

just pulled Shetek up on the lake master maps. The north end is big. Is there a boat landing up there? if so from the landing which way?

I don't know if I'd call it a landing, it's where everyone gets on the lake, tho.

Look at the absolute most north end, that's where we drive on. From there it's kinda nice cuz you can fish Teepeota point, the inlet, or no mans land and still get fish.

I can give you directions, but it's real hard to write them down, just ask CCFC. grin.gif Drop me an e-mail, I'll give you my phone # and I can give you a call.

Take the 2nd left after the 4th right, then head north for 1/2 mile.... when you get there, go south another 1/4 mile, whip a louey, go back 32 feet, turn left and then head east till you get to that one sign, yep that is it, the sign that says you are here! You know here, the place from where you started without knowing where it was. Yeah, that's right, just down the road from Whatyamajigger lane, and kiddie korner from Ummm Boulevard, and close to there.

Do you know where the Lutheran church is.....? Ok, yeah, it's nowhere near that.

hehehehehehe. He will get you there.

muc you had me going for the first sentence or 2 - good one LOL LOL \:D - I'm sure I'll be able to find with your great directions. I'll meet ya somewhere near there ok LOL LOL

Boilerguy I'll email ya.

Now when you say the N. end are you talking that long arm that goes NW. or the main body of the lake?

Well with directions like that how couldn't you find it? I knew we shouldn't have followed you.

Main body of the north end. The long arm you are looking at is what we call "The Inlet."

Boiler, I think that long arm you are looking at is Tami flipping me off for giving those directions!

Boilerdude, got a possible favor for you for slabfest. I will contact you tomorrow.

If you try to call, I can't have my cell phone on at work. You can reach me at home, or on my cell anytime after 6-ish or so. Or you can go the old fashioned route and shoot me an e-mail.

Originally Posted By: muc33
Boiler, I think that long arm you are looking at is Tami flipping me off for giving those directions!

Boilerdude, got a possible favor for you for slabfest. I will contact you tomorrow.

muc - I wouldn't do that .......... OK, yes I would, but there would definitly be no doubt as to the meaning of my guester! \:o

Many people tell me I am number 1. I try to stay humble. hehehehe. Have fun Friday, looks like a temp dip again!

How long will everyone be fishing, we won't be there till saturday morning, thats if the wife let's me go. Guess i will have to drive her crazy this week so she kicks me out of the house on saturday. grin.gif Of course with everyone fishing on friday, me and trouble should have a pretty good idea of where to go, thats if your all in the mood for sharing.

Duane

I'll be there Friday after work and plan on spending all day Saturday out there. I doubt I'll have my shack out there, just my porty. This is all pending on the Mrs, however. If she comes I'll prolly be bringing the shack.

Have you guys gotten much new snow your way. And it sounds like you will be on Shetek, any way of getting ahold of you to find u.

Duane

Not too much snow, yet.

Drop me an e-mail (addy in my profile) and I'll shoot you my cell#.

We'll be on Shetek. North side.

Friday is out the question and i'll be lucky to not be working Saturday the way things have been going around here. Another Saturday on Shetek could possibly be on my to do list but I haven't been to Iowa for 8 days and counting I am starting to have withdrawals I would hate to lose my touch.

BG - thanks for the directions and info! I love dealing with engineers, they're accurate and sooo detailed. grin.gif

My fishing buddy is an engineer, he's great at putting us on fish and meticulous doing it, - a virtue and a vise \:\/

I'll see ya when you get there. I'll also have a 2way radio, on channel 7. I'll be in the area you told me about, unless the fish aren't there \:\/ and then I'll be off looking for the fishies grin.gif

Anyone else - if you have a radio bring that - channel 7. Look for a wheeler with a Fish Trap Pro, and me in a tie died sweatshirt, can't miss me. I should be on the lake fri by 9:30 am

If the fishie arn't where I told ya, then either go to the right or to the left.

See ya Friday.

change of plans due to weather. I won't be down there fri. But will be on the ice by about 9:00am Sat. And may stay to fish on Sun also.

Whoooooaaaaaa, Tami, Boiler, anyone come fish the tournament with us Saturday then. noon to 3 then you are free to fly, will be fun!!!! BG come on down. I will have 3 perm houses out there and my porty. Lots of great prizes, and we all know about the numbers of fish. There have even been perchies being caught as of late.

12? hmmmm put me down as a maybe. It will depend on how the morning goes and if I can't find anything or get enough.

Round Lake, my home lake. Right on the Iowa border, just east of Worthington. Great lake, in Jackson county. Just look at the DNR lake study. Without question, the lake has taken many fishermen for the last 3 years, and made them feel like pro's, so many walleye it is unreal, but yes the bite has slowed. But they are still biting, just not by the bucket loads as they were early ice. This lake also produces some serious HOGS. I normally would not brag so much on public forum, but the bite is not what it was, and many people have left because you now have to work for them. But this lake really is a gem, for a walleye fisherman, this lake is a beauty. Boiler got to taste the goodies of Round this winter, and PerchPounder can attest to the quality. It really outta be a hoot. Kids, Dads, Moms, Grandpa's and hounds will be out for fun and to support the area sportsmans club who does great things and has for years.

Tami, you would want to jump on 169 south, then it converts to hwy 60 at Madelia, stay on that till ya get to Brewster Mn, where I live and turn south on County Road 1 which turns into State Hwy 264, go 8 miles south and voila!!!! Round Lake!