• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Powder

Hello,

I am planning a family vacation to the Silver Bay area the last two weeks in June. Can anyone help me out with how the fishing on Superior usually is at that time of year? What are my best choices of species to target? I have downriggers if necessary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Northlander

Lakers and some salmon. Bring the riggers as well as boards. Never know what they will be up to. Spoons in every color you have and maybe some meat(smelt) & fly with a flasher. One thing about going out of Silver Bay it gets deep quick so you usually dont have to run too far.

SKIPPERS KID

I have a lot of time on the lake and this area is great fishing at the right time. I start the first the first week in july in most years give or take but it is all surface fishing with 1/4 once of weight and spoons or Dipsey on 2-1/2 80 to 120 feet out. I run all line counters and run 100 feet out then hook my line to the board there is good coho fishing there that time of year but fish the surface and you will do just fine. You can fish with in a mile of shore as well if you need more help when the time gets closer just let us now and I will now what the water temp is and can help you out some more. If you need some one to help you in the Boat I could make time to help you out as well.

Powder

Thanks for the info. If anyone else has more I'd love to hear it.

tacklejunkie

Originally Posted By: Powder
Hello,

I am planning a family vacation to the Silver Bay area the last two weeks in June. Can anyone help me out with how the fishing on Superior usually is at that time of year? What are my best choices of species to target? I have downriggers if necessary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lakers. I have caught very few salmon on the pond. But like others have said, downriggers are great. But downriggers are ok in June(my experience) I use inline boards. I prefer spoons, some sticks. never used meat, myself. if you can get them, try the Pro king spoons. They supposedly can be trolled, slow, medium, or fast. I have tried all speeds and they seem to work. other spoons you have to troll somewhat fast. yum. fried laker.(smackin' lips). cant wait till spring. I am no pro on the pond but i do alright. just my 2 cents