• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye action near Fergus Falls

Hey everyone! Just wondering where some of the walleyes might be at. Near to Fergus falls. Went out on Wall last night, no luck though. Marking them in about 18-20. I also went out to Orwell lake, but just small perch about 4-6 in. If you could send me some info, that would be great. Thanks! my e-mail; [email protected]

First off, welcome to FM. I'm betting you will not find a specific answer to your question. this site is great for what's working references, but location posts will put a hundred fishermen on the spot before you get there!! I would keep trying new spots, the walleyes will pick up as the month progresses. Good luck, Brent

Get your gps. Enter Lat: 46 degrees 16' 59" N and Long: 96 degrees 04' 42" W

Look for a guy named Adrian, real friendly fellow, there almost every day. Guarenteed, he can point you to the walleyes and northerns. He has no problem showing you the exact spot to get as many as you want. He acts like it's his job to help you.

Thanks! I can't seem to find any walleye down here in the Fergus Falls area. I could shouw you where to go in Bemidji, but here is a whole nother story.

Originally Posted By: Cicada
Get your gps. Enter Lat: 46 degrees 16' 59" N and Long: 96 degrees 04' 42" W

Look for a guy named Adrian, real friendly fellow, there almost every day. Guarenteed, he can point you to the walleyes and northerns. He has no problem showing you the exact spot to get as many as you want. He acts like it's his job to help you.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

Might go try out west battle tonight. Never had a line down out there. The last time I went out there, the pull cord on my auger broke. I am all set now. Any key spots to hit.I wanna catch walleyes, but would settle of perch and crappies. Point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Doesn't seem like anyone is being very helpful so here's a coulpe spots on West Battle that have been pretty decent this year for me. Lat: 46.2909 Long: 95.6855 and Lat: 46.2929 Long: 95.7070. Hopefully this gives you some guidance and good luck.

Originally Posted By: BoozeHound
Doesn't seem like anyone is being very helpful so here's a coulpe spots on West Battle that have been pretty decent this year for me. Lat: 46.2909 Long: 95.6855 and Lat: 46.2929 Long: 95.7070. Hopefully this gives you some guidance and good luck.
[PoorWordUsage]

Well that will have to wait untill next week. Thats when I'm buying a GPS. So thanks for the info. I'll have to go try it out, but if I get nothing I'll be looking for you. haha No j/k.

As of right now we're walking around blind folded. Don't have a clue where to fish. Thanks anyways.

It'll be three weekends now since I was up there so they may not be on those exact spots, but if you check different depths around those areas I would surely think you could find something to bring home.

Markingthemslabs when are you going to be there, I will be there this weekend if you want to stop by my fish house. All be there all weekend. I might be able to point you in the right direction

GRAND DAD:

Well Then I might come out there. Where you gonna be at? I will be out there in a blue 96 Chevy. What will you be driving? Portable? or not? Well I gotta go. Thanks

Went out to this little pond and we were fishing for gills and crappies and one of my friends pulls up a 23in. walter. We had on wax worms and tiny hooks. Has that ever happened to you? I have never seen that before.

Hey Cicada, nice to talk to you again, this Adrian fella got any gps cords for the DL area, just kidding...the Perch

Sorry about that markthemslabs I had already left for up north by the time you replied I only am on here when am at wook,I had a fish house out there I took it off this weekend, and the fishing sucked for me this weekend granted I didn't get up there until Sat but I only managed 1 keeper crappie and that was it so I pulled off I figure we are one snow storm away from making it a lot of work to get a house off and it was nice out so might as well do it while the weather is good seasone for fishhouse's is coming to an end quick

Granddad, what the lake conditions like with all the wind? I have remove my fishhouse from Star and wondering if the lakes

are drifting badly around the fishhouses and what lake access's

are like?

Thats alright GRAND DAD. I just got my new GPS and I have no idea on how to use it. Anyone know how to use the H2Oc series. I got the Navtronics Hot Lakes and I still don't know how to use it. I thought that chip was supposed to show you the lake contures. I might have to return it. Anyone have any clues for me. Thanks.

I don't think I have ever seen a lake worse for drifting snow then Star, Battle was alright on my side but there was a guy that was plowing roads out there but I saw him take his fish house off the same time I did so it could get bad now that I would asume hes not going to be plowing any more?

Marekthemslabs, good luck with the GPS I have had mine at least a year know and I barly know how to use it, I think you need some kind of degree to use it some people swear its easy I just guess them people are a lot smarter then me, every once in a while I here Gander Mountin has classes on how to use them one of these days I have to make it to one.

Markinthemslabs, if you go into the menu and then I think you select Map Data and in the screen you need to switch the map to the chip that you bought for it.

You will need to load the contour maps from the MMC card for the particular area you are fishing. I think this is done under the browse MMC card feature on the menu. I would recommend spending some good quality time with the operators manual though. I know that you can get that at lowrance.com. There also might be a tutorial for how to operate features on the GPS also.

good luck

Dan

Thanks! Any bait shops around Fergus Falls? They might be able to help me. Or maybe West Battle? There are not too many bait shops around here.

Any luck out on West Battle? I'm thinking about going out there tomorrow night. Trying for some pans or eyes. So any info would be awsome.