• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

H2O My Trails

eurolarva

Question

When I went to lake of the woods I did something so it no longer shows where I came from. How do I turn this feature back on. Also I noticed that when I turned off my H2O I lost this information when it restarted. I wanted this information to get me back off the lake when I was done fishing and had some troubles remembering what roads I was on. I am sure it has something to do with renaming my trails. Any help would be appreciated.

21 answers to this question

Whatever screen you're in you need to hit the menu button twice, select My Trails, select the Options button, and then under Trail Options make sure "Update Active Trail" is checked. Hope this helps.

In My Trails it gives me two options. Update Trails and flash trails. I have both selected and am using update criteria set to Auto. These setting however do not work. It still is not showing me where I have been.

Select your active trail by using the down arrow to get to it, then Enter. (The active trail is the one with the arrow pointing to it in the right column.) Make sure 'Visible' is checked.

I tried both suggestions and read the manual and still no fix. I finally went to system setup and reset options and now it works. There must be another setting somewhere.

Hitting menu, scrolling down to 'clear trail', then clicking on 'yes', will erase your previous trail markings. It seems that is what may have happened. Until you do that, your trail path should remain, even if shut off then on again. To restart that function, try menu, scroll down to navigate trail, click enter. If arrival alarm is displayed, click exit. Now as you travel, a trail should be displayed showing where you have been. Hope this helps ??

Don

I just purchased an H2Oc and I can't believe how difficult it is to understand. Last week I brought it with me in the car and noticed that the cursor was moving but the map wasn't, so of course the cursor eventually went off the screen. I didn't have the manual with me so it ended up taking me about 20 minutes to get it working right and I'm still not sure what exactly I did to correct it. My Magellan Platinum is so much more user friendly but unfortunately doesn't take a Lakemaster or Navionics chip. I like some of the new features of the Lowrance, but come on...most of us aren't computer programmers.

Nels

You might just need to give it a little time nels - I've used Garmin, Magellan and Lowrance gps and I think Lowrance has the easiest menus and options to understand. Although I use Lowrance more than the other two so maybe I'm just that much more familiar with it.

If your trails get too long it will start overwriting them and you'll start losing earlier stuff.

I have had my H2Oc for about one year now and I went to use it with the lake chip in it and the gps unit did not find any satilites. I left it on for about 15 min and it never located it's position

if it shows the arrow with the ? flashing in it.it hasnt found the satellites.

if your moving and turn it on.it takes more time to find satellites.when your sittin in your house most times it will not find the satellites unless its very clear outside.

try taking the chip out and see if it picks the satellites up. if it still doesn't work you might have to initialize the gps. it might be having trouble picking em up because it doesn't know where it is at. try it and let me know.

I did initialize the unit when I was on the lake but I did not try taking the chip out. I will try it and report back. The overcast weather should not have been an issue should it? I did walk around outside my clam to test it.

the clouds shoudn't matter. it might take a little longer to hook up but should still work. one of my buddies h2oc wouldn't pick up in his house or truck, but mine has always picked up inside or out.

mine wil not inside my fish house.as for my truck once i turn it on and set it on the dash will work right away but if i put it on the seat it takes a little bit of time to find the satellites.

When you are driving and the curser goes off screen eventually a prompt will come up asking if you want it to stay centered on the screen. After a period of time if you dont answer it might just do it anyway. The more you use these the easier they become. They are pretty powerful tools and because they are they have many options you may never use but they are nice to have if you need them. I am sure I did something simple to mine and eventually the reset was the answer for me. It would not even mark any trail points. Play with it often and eventually you will understand. When I took mine up to LOTW eventually I was doing all the stuff I needed without even looking at the screen.

Originally Posted By: NELS-BELLS
Last week I brought it with me in the car and noticed that the cursor was moving but the map wasn't, so of course the cursor eventually went off the screen. I didn't have the manual with me so it ended up taking me about 20 minutes to get it working right and I'm still not sure what exactly I did to correct it.
Press Exit once. (You were probably scrolling around with the arrow keys to some area on the map other than your location... easily identified by the crosshairs appearing on the screen.)

Originally Posted By: Ralph Wiggum
If your trails get too long it will start overwriting them and you'll start losing earlier stuff.
And you can always increase the number of points that will be remembered on individual trails to keep this from happening.