• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wilke fishing contest Forest Lake, lake 2, TODAY

Just reminding you all that the Wilke ice fishing contest is today.

Forest Lake , north side of lake 2

$5 for two line.

Shelters are allowed.

Door prizes all day.

3 place in 4 fish categories.

11am to 3pm

Lot of fun!

how did the tournament go? what was big fish? any big slab crappies caught? hope everyone had a good time. FL

FL Sniper,

The Wilke was pretty fun, if you didn't mind the 35 knot winds that kicked up just after the start of the event.... Late in the contest, no walleye's and no crappies had been weighed. Plenty of 2 to 3 lb pike and a bnch of small sunnies were weighed. Not sure who came out on top, or which weight won each category...

By the time I got to Mike's Bait they had nothing but smaller shhiners. A couple of guys who got their earlier actuall had big shiners....you know the kind that we use to have shipped in from Ark... Shiners seemed to be the bait of the day though...

no crappies weighted in? son of a....shld had weighted in some 10-11" crappies i caught but decided to relased them due to wind winnin battle with my portable and decide to quit the contest n fished in my buddy shack....o well what was the prize anyway?

They pad out cash for 3 places in each of four categories (sunny, crappie, eyes and pike). Never made it up to the weigh in site to check the exact dollar amounts though.... Lots of raffle prizes. Each of my kids won about a $50 prize...