• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

H2Oc HELP!!!!!

Craig Plummer

Question

Hi I just got a H2Oc with the Lakemaster chip...I was playing around with it all day and now on the lake it has little pictures of emergant vegetation....I don't want those pictures on my lake maps can someone please tell me how to get it off or do a Master reset?

Thanks

18 answers to this question

No, I did something...Now there are points of interest ALL OVER EVERYTHING, its really annoying

Plummer hit menu scroll down to map categories drawn. press enter scroll down to poi-all others press enter wich should take the check mark off and u should be good.

Dude, Ive got check marks by a lot of them but there isnt a check mark next to POI's and i still got that annoying stuff all over :-/

Alright guys I took the check mark off of "landmarks" and that cleared up some of the stuff but I still have little plant icons describing emergant vegatation and I dont want that either....

any ideas?

Not sure about that. I have the lakemaster chip from a couple of years ago, and dont have the vegation marked on there but i wish i did.

Its just E.V. it might be cool to have in the summer but it bothers me right now for some reason....

Is it even possible to do a master reset on this thing?

Sorry bout the stupid questions but I just got this thing like 4 hours ago and there is so much stuff you can do with it and im not the sharpest tool in the shed

The best thing to do is to just sit down and read the owners book. Also make sure u have plenty of batteries. LOL. I just traded my h20c in for the expedition. Love being able to watch the pressure history! Good Luck.

I was waiting for that answer!

But really I have gone over it a few times....I got a ton of batteries and Im glad I do cause that thing is a battery hog.

The more I think about it, I can't remember if it had the E.V. symbols before, I remember seeing the symbols for bouys and rocks so it possible....With some of these lake maps they are soooooooo detailed that im even more at a loss for spots to try if that makes sense.

I think im gonna like this toy!

There is a way to do a master reset. Too long to explain but if you go to google and search for reset on h2oC you will get it. I had to do it about 3 months ago and it worked great. You will lose any and all info you have in it though \:\(

There is also a menu option to restore factory settings, I don't recall exactly where it is or what it's called but it should be easy to find. Look under the gps or system setup options on the 2nd memu screen, and make sure you're using the advanced menu settings. It's all described in the manual if you can't find it on your own. Good luck.

You could plug the thing in to your cigarette lighter and avoid totalling all the batteries. If you don't want to sit in a cold garage you could rig up a female cigartte lighter with a short wire and a couple allicator clips and attach it to your boat batter, a gel cell or whatever you have sitting around not being used.

you shouild be able to go to your find waypoints menu and erase the whole waypoints,or you can change just the icons that way

Craig P first, take out your chip and turn it back on. Then go back to your lake on the gps. This will tell you if it was something you programmed on your gps or if all that E.V. stuff was on the chip. If all that stuff is still there you can delete it, if not that means it was on the chip from the factory and I don't think there is much you can do to get rid of it[it probably was already on the chip]. I have never done the master reset thing, but i'm not sure if you should do that with the chip installed. Cause there is ways to delete all the info on the chip, then you will have spent a bone for nothing. Call the place you bought it to double check.

Craig go to map cat., then to water, then at the bottom of the screen use your center arrow and scroll to the right till you get to vegetation and uncheck this. Hope this helps.