• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
marbleye

Lake Ida Fishing?

marbleye

Has anybody been fishing Ida lately? Thinking of getting up there and fishing some crappies and or walleye's. Any info would be appreciated? Thanks!

WaveWacker

Sorry but I haven't been up since New Year's. Going up this weekend however to celebrate the father in-laws 60th B-day. Not sure I'll get much fishing in since I'm spinning another prime rib on the grill for supper but I may sneak out on Sat. morning. How's the snow up there? Thinking of dragging the sled along with to mess around with some as well.

Thanks,

WW

ghotierman

WaveWacker...we've had some nice drifting over the weekend, and a couple inches of 'hollywood fluffy snow' today. the trails should be in pretty good shape. the bare patches that were worn down from the Jan. thaw should be covered again nicely.

WaveWacker

Thanks. Actually haven't had the sled going at all this year. I may see if she'll fire up tonight.

WallyGader

Anyone heard of any reports lately, thinking about coming up again soon.

river huntfish

I fished for walleyes on the south shore for a little bit but didn't catch much. Later in the day I went to try for some pannies and caught 10 nice bluegills. Had the camera down and it seems the bite is starting to pick up!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• gimruis
      This story is part of the reason I try to avoid public hunting areas.  Hunters showing up late, setting up nearby, shooting at birds out of range, etc just ruins the hunt.  Put it this way: if there is a chance other hunters will be around, I won't be.  You've got a good threshold of patience Wanderer.  Way more than I do for a situation like that.
    • Wanderer
      We checked there second - it was way too crowded for what we were looking for.
    • Wanderer
      I have several friends that either live there or have cabins in the area.  And I now drive through Hill City when I go to Ely.   We’ve been deer hunting around Emily for quite a few years now.  I guess you could say I spend some time there. 🙂
    • leech~~
      Word, Yak Bowstring. 😉
    • Big Dave2
      Wanderer, do you frequent the area often?
    • Fishouttawater
      Anyone know what water temps are recently? Hoping they start dropping quick
    • Wanderer
      Well we’re back home and tired!   We tried to get lost as best we could in the Itasca/Cass counties area.  Looking for carry in accesses to kayak into duck hunting heaven. 😅  So was everyone else and they had jon boats with mud motors.   We had a great time despite some negative highlights that really affected everyone’s hunting.  We found a roost during scouting on Friday, along with a great campsite to stay.  The roost and campsite were 2 miles apart though.  We scoped out the closest spot we dared set up the following morning cuz, Don’t shoot the roost, right?  Paddling by 3:30 am we got our spot, not flushing too many birds out.  Sure enough a boat with 3 guys churns past us later and deep into the roost.     Sure enough again, birds blow out but settle back down.  We still think we’re in a good intercept spot with a convincing decoy spread laid out.   Low and behold, 8 minutes before legal shooting hours the three guys open up a barrage of shots that starts scattering everything to the wind.  Birds are whizzing by us but we hold our shots.  5 minutes to go and they open up again.  At 2 minutes to go the rest of the groups in the area start popping off.  Everything is flying high now and showing NO interest in decoys.  We have birds going over us but too darn high.  Not for everyone else though, they’re blasting at birds higher than the tree tops.  Sigh...   The three guys churn back by us maybe an hour into the day - limited out I’m sure.  We were the last ones back to the “carry in” access and were greeted by a group of 4 with 2 boats that scouted Friday also.  We know where each other were hunting.  They had that look on their face like they were expecting some answers.  That was enough for us to say “It wasn’t us!”     It was a civil conversation after that. Local guys, upset with the shenanigans as well.  Three groups were able to get just half a limit with the tough shooting after the blowout.  All pass shooting; nothing coming to the dekes.  Those birds are spooky and know their safe distances.  Such a difference than expected.   We put plenty of miles on the truck and about 15 miles paddling looking for Mecca.  It’s a tough game around there that needs some more time to figure out.  But it’s a fun area to look at.  Short of not coming back with limits of ducks, it was a good, long weekend.  
    • ozzie
      good to hear!  How were ya catching them?  Redtails, trolling, jig n leech?  what depths were ya finding them at? on weedlines or over structure?  I don't want to know the spot but some more detailed information can help us all!😎  Thanks for posting!!
    • moneyback2
      walleye fishing was pretty good on lake alexander this weekend.
    • thunderbirdprince