• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I know this is very late notice, but Perch and I are going to be out fishing on Lida tomorrow (Friday) morning and early afternoon...if anyone is also going out, look us up. We will be fishing over on North Lida on the North side. This is something new for me as I normally only fish the south side. Anyways, we will be in my red Ford Screw and fishing out of a FT Yukon. If your out, swing on over and say hello.

Cliffy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DEADhead

• Dahitman44

• kywest

• fisherdog19

I knew I shouldn't have let anyone in on my spot....... just make sure you leave some for me.

I was out there tonight, it's getting a tad slow. My only advise is to move further west into the basin and get in 30+ fow. If you see my house, white one on the north end of the group with a green astroturf place mat in front of the door and hotspot outdoors sticker, head about 30-50 yds West and a hair South. I'd come join you but I have to take my 5 yr old daughter to the Sweetheart Dance in DL, it'll be 3 years in a row. Someone please help me grin.gif

Ky, I'll be out Saturday if the blizzard isn't too bad, if you plan on going out stop over and I'll direct you to the couple other spots I got some crappies at.

Well as of now, I am planning on going out there. I was hoping to fish the tourney and then stay out and fish the night bite. I will definatly stop by and see whats shakin. Hopfully the weather won't turn out as bad as they are calling for.

ah, don't worry guys....he didn't give up any secrets....we are going on an adventure.....drilling a lot of holes and see what happens. Perch has to take off sorta early in the afternoon and I am going to wonder back to my side of the lake. Your secret spots are safe with da Perch.

Cliffy

and......I think I am going to try Bass lake in Maplewood State Park on Sat. morning for some trout.....if anyone wants to join me. I guess it depends on the weather...but that lake/area should be pretty well protected from the wind.

Hey, let us know how you do on the trout. Kind of a different thing to try in this part of the country.

Fishing Report-Friday

Well, things started out sorta slow for Perch_destroyer and I. We marked a few perch and the occasional school of sunnies would pass on by. Perch's IBS did cause some good laughter. (Perch: thanks for the mental images that 4 Tylenol pm and beer can not erase!)

Things picked up after DeadHead and Fisherdog were kind enough to give us a call and we joined them on the west side of the lake. Once I got over my stubbornness and listened to Deadhead and Fisherdog, I was able to end my day with a very nice flurry of action. Overall, another nice day on the ice. Thanks to Deadhead and Fisherdog for the generosity.

Also, to Kywest, it was very nice to meet you....although you shoot a Bowtech, you are alright in my book.

Take care

Cliffy

good times cliffy. good times. even if the dog smelled that you were a cop. too bad we're not internet friends cry.gif

That one made me laugh when I heard it, especially Cliffy's monotone rebuttle. Cliffy, I'm glad we could get you on some crappies, that spot will be very good come late ice. We need to find some Virgin fish out there, it seems as if less than 10% of the lake has been touched.

Again, nice meeting all you again. Clffy, that poor 5 gallon pail, I may have to retire it this season. That was the first time fishing that lake (not from shore). Besides the little perch stealing our bait, it was great. Sorry I couldnt stay longer, I heard they started soon after. FYI all, cliffy and I didnt fish any hot spots, believe me, if we had, we'd have some trophy photos posted. We did find an alright spot.

Interesting to see a nice Pike on camera that had a Lure hooked to his lip and a nice leader or tip up line draggin behind him. If anybody catches that thing, take a photo for me. Cliffy good luck on Saturday, let me know how you do. I gotta go back to work 2morrow night. Later, the Perch

So... I fished the same old spot I normally do. The so-called "Hot spot," started off real slow. Got a little sunny then a little crappie then absolutely nothing. Sat for about an hour and right around 7 the mother of all schools of crappies came in. I ended up landing around a dozen crappies all of which were 14-15 inches. I have caught a lot of fish out there on that spot but never that many that were that big. It was a great night. I was even able to catch a real nice walleye. Wasn't huge but a great eater.

Cliffy, great to meet ya. Hopefully we can get some fishing done and you can show me how to get some eyes out there through the ice. Its funny, I was thinking the same thing about you shooting a Mathews....

Ky, sounds like you had a good harvest. I would have liked to meet you, but I had a tax appointment. Maybe next time. the Perch

Ah, taxes can wait, there are fish to catch... Yeah it turned out to be a good night. I am out there all the time so if you ever venture out there, shoot me an email or something. I may try and get out there tomorrow depending on the weather. They called off the blizzard or whatever for here but it may still not be very nice... Who knows.

roger that, I wont be out there for awhile, but if i do, i'll shoot you a message. We plan on putting out a 22 foot house on Melissa on wednesday. Thats prob the closest I'll get to Lida. I'm gonna have to try to get out to Lida some more. I like the little villages out there, pretty neat. later, the Perch

Roger? I noticed you saying that in an earlier post as well as using 0600 and such. Are you military?

Originally Posted By: DEADhead
too bad we're not Internet friends cry.gif

Deadhead,

I am like a crazy ex-girlfriend, your not going to get rid of me that easily! We are Internet friends until I say we are not!! grin.gifgrin.gif Good times.

Cliffy

too funny cliffy.

kywest, the motherload huh? Must have been crazy hauling those slabzillas through the ice. Nice!

Originally Posted By: Dahitman44
you guys have any luck?

Deadhead and Fisherdog were having pretty good luck.....perch and I were a little slower.....but I was able to redeem myself towards the end. In my defense, It was hard to focus under constant verbal and emotional abuse from some unnamed individuals! \:\) ..and even a roaming husky named "Jaxon" disrespected me by weeing on my truck. \:o

Alright, maybe "mother load" was a bit of an exageration but it was quite a large aggresive school of crappies. Made for a very exciting night

Last time I was out there, it didn't go until 7pm one night and 9pm the other night, but I haven't had a mother load school come in yet. Ky, how deep were you? Give me a call if you have time.

Originally Posted By: cliffy

Deadhead and Fisherdog were having pretty good luck.....perch and I were a little slower.....but I was able to redeem myself towards the end. In my defense, It was hard to focus under constant verbal and emotional abuse from some unnamed individuals! \:\) ..and even a roaming husky named "Jaxon" disrespected me by weeing on my truck. \:o

cliffy if you're too stubborn to listen to us on what type of jig to use, well then, I guess you deserved the "abuse" \:o

Even fisherdog figured it out after an hour or two ;\)

4 dozen waxworms, $5

Fuel to get down to Lida from Detroit Lakes, $6

JB Lure Rattlin Varmit that caught all the fish, $3

Jaxson relieving himself on cliffy's truck, PRICELESS.

may the mental torment and verbal abuse never end... grin.gif

Originally Posted By: perch_destroyer
Cliffy, I take it you didnt make it trout fishing today? the Perch

Nope, woke up to the winds and couldn't see the end of the block...so I stayed in MHD. Going to give it a try tomorrow morning instead.