• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishapalooza on Forest Lake

Write-Outdoor

The holes are 15 ft apart from each other, so you'd have to use a tip-up for one...or I suppose you could leave a jigging rod in a rod holder and switch-up which one you're jigging...

The other way to win would be to buy raffle tickets at $10 each. If I recall correctly, the # of raffle tickets is limited (not sure to how many), so if you really want a shot at the raffle prizes, get your raffle ticket(s) sooner rather than later...

What is the range of depth these holes will be drilled in?? Also, rule #14 states that no large coolers and containers are allowed in the contest area, what are you supposed to put a large northern or carp or some other large fish in to keep it alive while you take it over to the weigh in station??? If you use a bag or something, how are you supposed to keep it filled with water while you fish and also the sharp spines on the dorsal fin would probably puncture it. Can anyone shed some light on this issue??? Thanks.

I think thats a pretty good question and I have been kinda wondering that myself. I have always just seen folks grab a fish and take off for the tent. Cant imagine it is too good for the fish to be carried across the contest area like that. I was wondering if there was something(other than gloved hands) a person could use to hold a larger fish on their way to get it registered?

As far as the fish being alive upon arrival, I think they can tell if a fish has just been caught and brought over to them. So(whatever means you transport it) as long as you get it over to the tent ASAP I would think you're ok there.

I asked the main person about this and they said you can bring a smaller cooler but it will be inspected and beer and pop they would rather you not bring because they would like you to support the vfw and what not by buying beer from them. I am pretty sure a smaller cooler is fine just remember it will be looked at, no glass bottles either will be alowed out there.

OK, sounds good. I wasn't planning on bringing any food or pop anyways. I would love to support individuals that fought for my freedom in past wars, I definitely have no problem doing that!! I just don't want to catch a nice northern or some other fish and have to walk all the way over to the weigh in stand with it in the cold air. Their gills are extremely sensitive to cold air, doesn't take much to kill them. They may swim off, but if they have frozen gills, they aren't going to be swimming long. Thanks for your reply.

GE

#4 from the FAQ section of the Fishapaloosa web site

What time does the contest end?

At 3:00pm a canon will go off ending the contest. You must be in line by 3:00pm to register a fish. Remember- Fish

must be brought to the weigh-in tent immediately when caught and alive. Dead or frozen fish will be ineligible. There will

be tournament bags available to help keep your fish alive at the weigh-in area and through out the contest area.

So I take it that if you plan on catching a fish to grab a bag right way so that you have it ready?

What if someone catches a 40 inch northern?? Those must be some awfully big bags they provide!!!! confused.gifgrin.gif

Lol thats good muddpuppy.... Yea i dont goggle i guess just stick his head in the bag of water and take of running.... I can see it now ( As Goggle eye runs off with his 40 inch northen he gets smacked in the face by fish and knocked out... Lmao) Just kidding with ya goggle. That would be sweet if one of us did catch a 40 incher i would be the happiest guy around for months....

Don't worry Sam, you catch a 40" pike and I'll take it to the table for ya. Hope to see ya out there man.

Well, registered a fish but it ended up being too small. When we left the lake, the board was filled through #85(of 104) and all fish were > 1lb. Looked like there was a 5.6 pike that was in the #1 slot. Congrats to the winners and thanks to those who put it on. Fun day on the lake.

Seriously, Robert Kendall, for the donation of $340 from Kendall Metals, your the man! Thanks for your most apparent, most human donation for the tournament... You know he was like, "sure, I'll donate, but the most I can do is $340, is that cool?" and they were like "Sure, Rob, no problem" This prize, I declare the most human prize available!

Thanks Mr. Kendall, your the man!

The contest was a blast. I only caught one small pearch but it was really small and at the end of the tourney. My girlfriend missed a nice hit on a windlass, I wish she would have got it, the fish hit a 5 in. sucker minnow and im sure it was big enough to place.

Did anyone see that guy who fell on the ice over by the weigh in he fell hard and was out cold i thought he was dead, anyway i was just wondering what happened to this guy

Saw the ambulance going out and picked him up when we were coming off the ice. Hope he's not hurt too bad. Please wear cleats out on the ice, it can save your butt from a good hit.

On another note, I was watching KHO yesterday and he had a kid with cancer on there. Threw wishes and more he got a 4 wheeler and also got to go to colorado to go elk hunting. It made me feel good that some of the money from this event went to this group. All the other groups it went to are great causes as well. I will be doing this every year. I didn't win anything, but for me it's about getting out and supporting some great groups of people.

From what I heard from the guys at the Fire dept, the guy that fell is doing fine. He knew where he was and knew the names of the people with him. Probably has one heck of a headache though.

I wish I had more info, but that's all I know.

...that guy fallin on his head was really the only event that was anything but positive. No cheaters, a couple of lost parents whose kids we found quickly :-) Good weather, lots of ice. Couldn't believe there was only 6 or 7 fish under 1 pound, on the leader board ! All the rest (who placed) were north of a lb.... It was nice seeing Congresswman Michelle Bachman on the ice, too !

Next year maybe we can get some jokes ready for her ahead of time..... grin.gif anyway glad to hear the guy that fell is okay and had a great time

Wade...

Couldn't agree more. Stick w/the politics, and leave the jokes for the comedians... That joke, when told well, still isn't that funny.

yeah nobody laughed but when we where walking off the lake we were laughing at her that joke sucked

Well sounds like all of you had a blast all of my friends backed out on me on the last second so i did not make it to the tourney. I was going to come by myself but i was thinking what would i do if i wanted food or needed to take a leak what would i do leave all my stuff by my hole? I did not really want to do that so i did not make it. I will see everyone out there next year.

One nice thing was everyone was very friendly and we had people by us watch our stuff when we would go roam around or head to the vendor area, so worrying about it (yeah a little) but it appeared to be everyone watching out for each other!

Originally Posted By: South_Metro_Slayer
yeah nobody laughed but when we where walking off the lake we were laughing at her that joke sucked

I was laughing when Brian Zep, called her, Minnesota's own swedish pimple grin.gif

Wade,

I caught that swedish pimple remark too...hillarious. I think he said it twice... I was up there putting the results on the board and could hear her fake laugh in response. LOL Zep did a good job!