• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
huntingmaxima

A June goose hunt

huntingmaxima

Has anyone ever been up to the hudson Bay in June to hunt the Snow Geese? I have a n invite for this year. We take a train and haul our wheelers up on the train also. I was told to bring 3 cases of shells.

Eric Wettschreck

Sounds like a ton of fun. I've never done it but it sure sounds like a good time.

Scott M

That does sound fun. How do you hunt them? I'm assuming they're done raising young and whatnot. A good deal considering the conservation order on them.

wooduck26

June? If I remeber right Snows dont hatch until the second week of June (Very small window for success) Are you sure its June?

I looked into going up to Hudson Bay a few years ago.....I thought it was later than that......Theres a group of guys from Mankato that go up there every year......

huntingmaxima

dont hold me to that june date,things are still alittle in the air. i would say that they are just arriving.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• eyeguy 54
      Pulled it up front and went to work on it. Silicone lubed everywhere.  Quite a task taking the steel cover off underneath that protects the main drive but got er done. Zips right up and down with the attachment I got for the drill. Nice!
    • mdogdaddy
      I found a very handy app for this. It's called onX Hunt Maps.  (I'm just a user) It's primarily designed for hunters that want to know where state/federal vs private lands are.  To see property lines etc. you need the paid (premium) version. The free version comes with a trial of the premium version for 7 days. But even the free version does quite a bit. It's pretty interesting for Vermilion because there is so much of each - private and state/federal lands. You can click on each parcel and it will even give the acreage, landowner names and tax address.  If I pull up to shore, I really want to know that I'm not trespassing. GPS works along with markers/waypoints. Maps can be stored for offline use so you  can use it without phone service or wifi. The free version comes with a trial of the premium version for 7 days. I added a zoomed out screen grab.
    • eyeguy 54
      cool, time for a short hike after lunch.  
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Starting a new thread for 2018 Pike River Hatchery progress. No new news today. Cliff
    • Getanet
      Don't mean to pick a scab here, but the mods have asked for more engagement from members, so I'm trying. I've never been up to VNP, but am looking at camping on KAB in early June. Would be heading up from the Twin Cities. Neither my buddy or I have been up there before, and we would not be going if we didn't know ahead of time we had a campsite reserved.  Without that assurance we would just stay at one of our families cabins in the Brainerd Lakes area instead.    
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      The Pike River is almost wide open today! It will not be long now before they start the walleye netting! Cliff
    • AlwaysFishing23
      If I were you I’d run only what the manufacturer recommends. If it’s a Suzuki brand lube I’d only use that. For peace of mind and if anything were to happen you can say your were running the recomnded fluids. Also your local dealer should have everything you would need and can help you out if you have any questions. Not sure about the other fluids you mentioned but that’s what I would do if I were you. Good luck
    • huntnfish
      I am new to the 4 stroke world and need to change the fluids in my 05 Suzuki 115 four stroke. What does everyone use for oil, filter, and lube? I was planning on using Mobil 1 or Amsoil 10-40 for the engine oil and the Lucas 90w gear oil for the lower unit. I don't know what filter to get. I know Fram has a filter that fits the motor. I run synthetic oil in my vehicles along with the filters designed for synthetic. I change my own oil and figure the peace of mind is worth the extra few bucks. Any opinions? 
    • Getanet
      Hi Guys - believe it or not I just realized there are all these great boat-in camping opportunities on Kab and other lakes. My buddy and I are looking at reserving a site in early June, and since we're so late to the game our options are fairly limited. I've read through this thread to get a little idea of what's what on Kab, and none of the ones mentioned are currently available the weekends we're looking at going . But it's good to know Moxie island is about 2 miles from the Visitor Center, which gives me a frame of reference for how far some of the other sites are. The ones that are available tend to be open a lot - and I'm not sure if it's because of their location or quality of the site. For what it's worth it would be 2 guys, using my buddies 17 ft boat, and ideally going after walleye. Are any of these sites ones you wouldn't send your worst enemy to? Cutover Island South K6
      Northland K24 - (this one is hardly ever booked)
      Windigo K35
      LaBounty's PT K14
      Grassy Island K9
      Peterson PT K25 (realize it would be better to use the Ash River launch for this location)
    • Rick G
      Pretty sure mine will be ready by the time the ice comes off our area lakes.... untill then, I hear the suckers are already starting to run