• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wheres the best spot to catch some sunnies and eyes? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

During the daytime try the southend of the lake for pannies. For Walleye I would try the channel area or pick a spot somewhere between the A-frame and the Crows nest area. These areas get hit hard so real early or late would be best. Good Luck, ole

Get out away from the crowds, that is all that needs to be said. The fish in the crowded areas are going to have a serious case of lockjaw this time of year. Eyes especially out there, when you are near a bunch of people, what are the chances they are going to be quite, not spooking the fish? Search a bit and find some good weeds and you will find some fish.

I was right in the middle of the crowd a little over a week ago and i think i caught like 40 sunnies and 30 crappies all together. But if you can find a good spot away from the crowd, i think you'd be happy.

Find two big crowds and sit on the outside edge of them. A lot of the fish willing to bite are moving away from typical cover spots this time of year due to the pressure. I set up on a smaller lake in that area with no structure underneath me, but pressure on both sides. I was on the fish all evening.

Otherwise you can always find a group and get a parking spot. They are usually on those spots for a reason.

I do a LOT of FISHING in the area and fished this lake the other night and caught 0 fish. i returned the next night skeptical but willing to work to find the fish. I fished this lake for 9 hours today and found nothning worthy of a second try. i caught 11 fish, 6 small [PoorWordUsage] crappies 3 perch and 2 sunnies

Originally Posted By: Dckasten
2nd day fishing the lake, waste of time..

ah as no fish for u??? u need to fish with me \:\)

I concur, the last five times I have been out with the neighbor we have got our limit of nice sized crappies almost every time with a handful of nice gills. The secret is too stay until 10 pm, drink 3-4 brew dogs and call them in.

That seems to be the secret on all of the Chisago area lakes recently. Stay out after everyone leaves and the fish start biting. I sat away from a big group and punched a dozen holes. Worked a few until I found the school and set up shop. A lot of small fish, but still found some nice 11" crappies in the group. Just had to work harder to get those ones to bite.

I agree with staying away from the crowds, but I'll include staying away from the crowded lakes as well. There's two nice lakes around there with very few people, on the weeknights anyway, where I've been pretty lucky. My limit one night included a 12.5" crappie.

See you out there.

OLE MATTY I have permission to coon hunt pretty much the whole south east wood line of the lake so im always out there. Let me know I would love to come out and fish the lake and find fish..

no problem dck just shoot me a email at jardsimmon at aol dot com.. we can get togs n hopefully get u on some fish and u can teach em a or 2 thing abt coon hunt.

i only fish on wknd. sometime i fish close to home as flake or chisago area or make a drive to rush lake or sandstone area.. i think i ll be out on center lake or chisago this fri n possible rush on sat or other lake.

It will get a little more activity with the NAIFC tourney comming in on March 9th . See the tournament Page for information.

Where to go out from the crowds now ?

I may be going out tomorrow afternoon... any recent reports? i would like to get a few gills and craps. I will mostly just be screwing around with the aqua vu though.

Later,

Ryan

they r everyhwere. i had best luck with bigger sizes gills 7-9" away from crowds.

Sounds like the reports have been pretty good there. Ive been there once this winter about a month ago and did real well on craps and gills and my brother got a 15lb northern on an 8inch shiner

Cool thank you for the reports fellas. I was there with my buddy and his dad about a month ago as well and we got out limit of crappies and 23 Gills. Nothing over 11" but all in that 9-10.5" range. Still a great lake to have some fun and have a chance at a big fish. There is also some very nice bass in there my buddy Chris caught a 5lber last time we were there!

I am still hoping i can make it out in a little bit here,

Ryan

Hey guys, just a quick question about lake maps of Chisago Lake. I looked on the DNR website and saw that in the southern bays the deepest the water got was 8 feet. But then I looked at my map in my "Sportsman's Connection Metro Fishing Map Guide" and it said that the southern bays are 18 feet, 16 feet, and 12 feet. Just wondering which map i should trust? (The DNR map seems to be very old but I just wasn't sure which was more accurate.) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wife and I went out on south end Sunday from 12-3:30 and caught about 100 sunfish, we kept 25 eaters and few crappies was fun!! We were in 11 fow and using waxies and mousies. We tried lake Demontaville and Jane on the way and didnt do any good, but for few lil ones, then to Chisago