• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
critterman

turkey license ?

critterman

I forgot to get my turkey app in this year does anyone know the date when leftover license can be bought over the counter? thanks

woody1975

March 17th if you have applied and March 24th if you haven't applied.

Good Luck,

DL

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• TomWehler
      Mmmmmmm~~~~ here's one for ya! For years we have been trying to get our fave Mayfly Rafts & Spikes into a booth at The State Fair. Rafts = ~~~  Honey Waffle coated with Dark Chocolate Glaze n Peanut Butter then sprinkled with Frozen Real Maple Syrup dipped Mayflys.  To die for. Spikes  =  ~~~ Deep Fried Triple Thick Cut of F&D Smoked Bacon dipped into Smoked flavored Pancake Batter an dipped in Maple Syrup then rolled in pile of frozen Hickory smoked MayFlys. Both Killer Pak~ons seved on a stick or in a Deep Fried Walleye Belly Fillet. Power good experience that takes you places you never been before'!! : )   Keep on rocken!   T      
    • delcecchi
      I bet one of those little cans of cat food would work too.  
    • Gone Out Fishin
      @cherokee muskie-mike is spot on the dog food... When I use to camp at hoodoo point campgrounds I tend to use nightcrawlers if I have any to spare (in a minnow trap). Caught too many rusties while fishing.
    • cherokee
    • muskie-mike
      Fish guts or dog food...  
    • Troy Smutka
      6/22/18     West Metro Water temp is in the 70's and sunfish are up on the beds. Look for harder bottom areas inside of or adjacent to softer bottom with weeds. The smaller females will be staging over the weeds--you may see them boiling--and the big bulls will be guarding the nests (beds) on the firmer bottom. Got my son and Dad out to catch a bunch this morning.  Ultralight 7' spinning rods/reels with four pound test Berkley Nanofil works great to cast to these bedding fish from a distance and get a good hook set. We use a 1/16 ounce VMC Mooneye Jig tipped with a 1" to 1.5" soft plastic (minnow, grub, tube, etc.) under a slip float to adjust for beds at different depths. Usually you will be targeting 2-8 feet of water, depending on water clarity. Take care not to keep everything you catch. It is fine to keep a fresh meal once in a while--sunfish is awfully tasty--but put plenty of fish, including the biggest bulls, back. Needed to keep the natural cycle of reproduction going. Good luck, and I will see you out there somewhere.
    • LoonASea
      Fished the lake this morning ,,, water temps were 72-74 and the flys were hatching ,,, unhooking the walleyes they were coughing up fly larvae,,, Need to power wash the boat now ,,, No keepers today but lots of overs and 2 unders mixed in with some pike and sunnies on flicker minnows ,,, Go figure  
    • hayseed
      Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was beginning to think I lost my touch. Took a beating this winter, but hopefully it will come back again. Also would like to see some more restrictions on the crappies. Time to start checking the deeper weed beds I guess. I know the water temps have been fluctuating a lot this spring and maybe they skipped the spawn. 
    • Borch
      Crappies have been hard for me to pin down on other waters as well.  Seems they are not were they usually are and I wonder if the weird winter to summer transition is to blame.  Time to start looking in other parts of the water column.
    • kfk
      There is a fishing dock north of the Sorlie Bridge on the ND side or from the shore, downstream of the dam by the walking bridge on the north side of town on the ND side or on the MN side, at the mouth of the Red Lake River just SW of Cabelas are all pretty good options.