• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So I am making out my must have list before next year ice. Is the Nils auger worth the extra cash?? Also where do you get them serviced if they break??? thanks guys

Hey Gunderson, check out a page or two back in the ice fishing or equipment forumn, this was just brought up, alot of great info on them.

I have had strike master, jiffy stealth, and I bought a nils this year and it is hands down the best. Lighter, Faster and starts better.

I found all the information and have decided a NILS auger has moved in to the "NEED" catagory. I like the option for the shorter shaft for early ice and faster drilling and just buying an extension for it. Thanks guys

I found all the information and have decided a NILS auger has moved in to the "NEED" catagory. I like the option for the shorter shaft for early ice and faster drilling and just buying an extension for it. Thanks guys

gunderson,

I would just buy the standard 48" inch shaft and then you are all set. Drill holes just as fast, doesn't add much weight, and I have never, ever needed an extension when fishing out of a portable on any lake including URL and LOW.

I drive a car and I don't know how well it would fit ( haven't measured it) It says 48 in auger + what for the head? That is why I am looking at the shorter shaft. I love to jump around a lot so this is another benefit.

The bite was pretty quiet by the time I got back there, hit it last night and ended up with 8 crappies that were 11-12 inches,fished for a couple hours, all the crappies were caught in a one hour time frame, then dead again, so I headed in, but most of the eve was slow, time to move again, I did notice the perch were in there heavier than normal so they may have chased the crappies out a little deeper. Enjoy that new auger.