• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jiffy Auger Settings

folke2000

Question

A question for those who are more mechanically inclined than myself.

Problem: I have a 2 hp Jiffy auger, and when the auger comes under load while drilling, I have to let off to 1/2 throttle or it quites. Do I adjust the high speed mixture richer or leaner? Do I have to mess with the idle (it seems to idle fine)? Not a huge problem, as I know what the personal temperment of my auger is, but when someone else uses it they struggle. I would just like to get the best out of it.

Thanks for helping the mechanically challenged? What a great site.

3 answers to this question

I have a similar issue with my Jiffy 2 HP, but only usually just at first when it starts up. If I let it warm up for a couple minutes, it runs smooth.

I would adjust the high speed screw. Turn it out a half turn and see how it acts, if its worse turn it back in a turn which would be a half turn in from where you started.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Start with fuel line connections and filter.

Then go one to carb adjustment. This depends on what carb you have. Different models and years mean different carbs.

Richen(turn out) the high speed mixture screw.

If you can't get it to run under load then a carb cleaning and kit plus inspection of the governor linkage, spring and vane.