• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Break-in Boys are back!

I heard that fish houses on Silver Lake near Hawley were broken into over the past few days. Those kind of guys make me sick.

Some house had the doors broken and windows broken and I guess they made a mess... Makes me SICK. These kids just don;t know right from wrong and have nothing better to do.

I have some ideas on what to do with them but we have too many of our Law Enforcement friends on the site to go into great detail ... ;\)

Those guys just P!%$$## me off.

Watch your house and your buddies houses closely.

Hitman

they have no respect for anyones property,they schould have to pick up trash in the ditches,when its about a 100 degrees,then pay for damages and also fix what they destroy.maybe they would leave houses alone.Its the biggest reason i dont have a wheel house.Our laws protect the criminals seems to me,well time to cool off,i had to vent!

Hey --

A call out to you LE guys -- Cliffy Perch Dragon --

Do you guys ever catch these D@O$RK$? I know it has to be nearly impossible -- but if you have what do they do to them? Next to nothing?

I was thinking that I should get a trail camera and put it up in the tree that is on shore about 25 yds from my house. Maybe a guy could get a license plate off of a vehicle or something if they tried it.

That's a pretty good idea actually, I wish I had one to put up.

The camera would flash and they would steal that too, I was a victim about 5 years ago, no question about the back alley tactics Hitman, that is what they deserve. I had my house locked and they pried and ripped open the door, I guess they were mad when there was nothing to steal, so they took my spud bar and busted the window out and then put the bar thru the wall about 5 times, real nice! I have since not locked my house and this has worked, the worst I have had was that they actually fished in it and did not close the door when they left. Born in the barn I guess.

I was broken into as well about 5 years ago. They basically pulled my door of with a vehicle wrecking my house. The local paper had reports of melisa being hit pretty hard. I talked to a guy on sallie last night that said some guys were actually driving pickups through older wooden fish houses. That seems tough to believe but you never know. It is indeed a sick feeling when your stuff is messed with..

Just home on a quick lunch break so I will give you the short version:

We don't get many "break in to fish house" calls in the city of Moorhead \:\/\:\/ . Just given ya a hard time....but I understand what you are saying.

Yes, sometimes we get lucky and catch people in the act of breaking into cars, homes, garages..etc. The vast majority of time this is only accomplished with the help of the public. Neighbors looking out for each other is a big factor. Its pretty much just plain old luck if we happen to just come across it on our own...it does happen...but not that much. As I stated above, its very important to get to know your neighbors and having that extra set of eyes on your side. Also, don't be afraid to call LE if you happen to see something that looks somewhat suspicious. Sometimes people don't call us because they don't want to get involved or they think we might think its nothing and they don't want to waste our time. Its NOT A WASTE! Nine times out of ten it might be nothing but that one time can break the case wide open. Please get involved and make the call. We don't mind checking things out......its what we get paid to do!

Another thing you can do to help us in LE is to write down all the serial numbers belonging to your valuables. If the item does not have a number, perhaps put some sort of ID on it..using a permanent pen or scribing tool. Keep a record of these numbers and items handy just in case you become a victim. Its really hard for us to put a whacking to someone if we cant prove the items they have in their possession are stolen.

What happens to them at court is up to a lot of different factors. The crime, the value of the objects stolen or damaged, criminal history..etc. To be honest, property crimes don't really generate much in the way of jail/prison time. Sad, but true.

Gotta get back to work

Take care

Cliffy

Hit, I agree, and Charlie, I to being the reasons for not having a wheeled house. Cliffy, again your right on. real Cops like us dont mind investigating complaints and or getting tips on stuff. We've all caught people in the act of crime. Just the look on their face is worth getting gassed, tased, and pepper sprayed. Unfortunately, llke cliffy said, the turd prob wouldnt get much.

I would venture to say if someone broke into a fish house, stole $500 worth of stuff, and caused a lot of damage. With no prior history, you would get your stuff replaced (maybe) and he would get a fine less than $1000. Oh and then, the turd would get 2 years of proabation, which means nothing. If the sentencing were to go by the book, then these guys would see jail time and fines, but, it never or seldom happens. If their found guilty, that means the cops put together a good case, its up to a judge to determine sentencing.

As Cliffy said, if you see something that is not right, call it in. Some of the biggest cases are solved from a bunch of small leads put toghther. the Perch

Yeah --

Great way to explain stuff -- thanks Perch and Cliffy.

So some people are driving through fish houses. Man that is really sick. I wish we could catch these buggers.

The only lake I have been broken into (knock on wood) is Lee Lake by Hawley. They seem to hit that lake every year so I have not gone back.

As to the deer camera -- good idea -- some of the cameras don't use a flash so it would work, I would guess.

A buddy of mine, who i will not name, leaves all of his stuff in his house. All of it. The guy is nuts. Just waiting to be broken into I guess.

I know personally I have never even had a door on my house with a LOCK on it. It generally gets damaged more when there is a lock. They tend to break everything getting in then anyway. I also dont keep anything in my house and have the windows accessable so they can see there is nothing in there. And yes I need to get out and put a pad lock on my wheeled house's hitch, IF its still there that is..... I would love to catch someone breaking into a house. Perferably off duty when I can do much funner things to them. haha