• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big week for the Wild.

Scott K

Its going to be a big week for the Wild, they can gain a few points in the next week or so. We could be looking at 2nd place in the standings by the end of the week. Then again we could drop a few spots also, but it will be a good test on how good they are. Go Wild. I Think they can handle the Red Wings and Dallas.

It will be a good game tonight since both teams have had a couple days of rest. For some reason Dallas doesn't scare me to much and then I think we should beat the Islanders on Saturday. If the Wild go 2-1 this week I will be happy. Plus they have 1 or 2 games in hand on Calgary,Colorado, and Vancouver.

They're looking good so far tonight, hopefully they can sneak a few more by Hasek while he's doing the crappie flop all over the crease. grin.gif

Wild played great for 2 periods then went into a shell for the 3rd. You could tell a goal was coming. It looked like a soft goal but whatever, a goal is a goal. The Wild was just content on chipping the puck out to center in the 3rd. The Wild took the play to the Red Wings for the first 2 periods and should have done it in the 3rd and they would have ended up with 2 points instead of one.

Tough loss against the wings. Atleast we got a point in the standings! The team is looking tough, I like to see them rattle of 5 0r 6 wins in row.

In the first 2 periods they looked the best I have seen them play all year, quick on the puck, then alot of quick shots on goal. Then they decided to play prevent defense, that doesnt work for football, it wont work for hockey either!

Glad to see they did get a point though.

Yep, too bad they couldn't finish it off. Backstrom has been letting in some soft goals this year. I thought we got rid of that problem when Roloson left...

Tough loss against Dallas.

I thought they played a great game, although they couldn't find the back of the net.

I liked the tribute to Mike M. he is a class act guy! \:D

The Wild had 2 close games and lossed them, they need to start winning these games, although they did play real well. The schedule is a little easier now for the next few games, so its time to put a winning streak together.

Why did coach pull Backstrom after the 2nd? I thought the first goal was soft but he played all right after that. Wild need to win games that they should be able to win. Wild need an offensive defenseman in the worst way. Let's hope Blake or Campbell end up in a Wild sweater.

I agree, I don't understand the move! Thats a game the wild should of won, the dominated the whole game. It was tough for Harding to come in cold in the third and be expected to be dominate. I think that was a blown game by the wild and the coaching staff.

Came out with 2 points but the Wild have to tighten up the goaltending. Giving up 4 goals to the Nucks isn't very good. Nucks have only one line that can really do any damage. Sedin boys and Markus Naslund.

Yeah, luckily they pulled 2 points out of that one. At least they've been keeping themselves on top of the division. It's so tight every point makes a big difference.

I missed the game, looking at the game summary, it seemed like a tough rivilary game. Did I see right, that Rolston got 5 minutes for fighting! Thats awesome, I wish I would of seen my favorite wild player mix it up alittle!

Rolston came in hard on the end boards and pushed Willie Mitchell from behind. Mitchell embellished and crappie flopped to the ice. Some cat for the Nucks came in and just started swinging and Rolston had no choice but to start throwing haymakers. Didn't last to long as both players went to the ice almost right away. I never seen Rolston so mad after the fight. It was his second fighting major in his career and first since 1995 when he was with the Devils. You know who the coach was for the Devils back then?..........Jacque LeMaire

LOL

A fans gotta love alittle scrappy play from players you don't expect!! way to go Rolston!! Don't take any [PoorWordUsage], especially from a canuck

I was thinking that Rolston's hit on Mitchell could have been a penalty for boarding? tough call but Mitchell looked quite a aways from the boards, especially a dangerous play being hit from behind sorta. oh well, At least the Wild pulled two points and gave one to the Canucks.

Wild have a home games against Nashville on Sun. The Preds will be playing Sat. night against the Blues so they will be playing back to back. Wild should get a victory.

The Wild are finally getting a few points ahead in our division. They just need to keep it up. Being Dallas played 3 more games then us. We could end up in second over all!

Still should have been a 2 point night for the Wild and 0 for Van. That goal off the faceoff was a killer. Wild need better faceoff percentages, that's where an addition like Forsberg could really help.

Fedoruk is impressing me, on Utube he's a punching bag, but here he is skating and playing well, did a great job covering a Burns rush last night.

I like what I see, except the end of games is always an adventure.

Originally Posted By: cjac
Wild need better faceoff percentages, that's where an addition like Forsberg could really help.

Fedoruk is impressing me.

Wild have one faceoff guy and that is Koivu. Forsberg would help this team in so many ways IF he comes in healthy. Fedoruk is playing really well. The Wild should try to move Boogaard. When healthy he still only plays about 4 minutes a night.

The Wild never seem to blow out anyone. Always one goal games. It would be nice to see them blow someone out every now and then.

Yea Cjac Fedoruk on youtube is just a punching bag. They mentioned something the other night that Lemaire told Fedoruk if he was gonna play for the wild he has to play right and not just skating around looking for someone to drop the gloves with.

Well the Wild pulled off 2pts again last night. They just have to learn to stop letting the other teams get a point. There was alot of bad calls last night, I thought for sure the refs would make them loose the game, but the Wild found away to beat the Predators and the refs. Next up, the Canucks.

The Wild gave up a 2 goal lead twice in the 3rd last night. Been giving up alot of goals lately. Need a C and a D man before the trade deadline.

Great game, wild played tough, they had a couple of "D" breakdowns. It sounds like the wild are going to pick up a player. They way it sounds we are a front runner for Forsberg. They also mentioned that Fedorov could be an option. Who knows, I guess its a waiting game

I couldnt believe they let that last Nashville goal slide, that guy went on his own into the crease straight into the goalie's face. Either way, we came out on top thanks to Gaborik. They keep talking about Forsberg possibly coming, so a waiting game it is.

The Wild deserved to lose tonight. They shouldn't even gotten a point. Just a poor game by the Wild. Can someone from the Wild please win a face off? I mean come on, I could have won a draw out there. I hate the Nucks so bad. I really hate the Sedin boys. All they do is whine and cry. Someone needs to cheap shot Cooke and put him out of his misery. How do you give up 36 shots to the Canucks? All they have is one line that can score. I am pretty ticked at my local club right now. Since they took tonight off they beater beat the Blackhawks tomorrow night.