• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Multiple Day Fish Cleaning Question

Rhino__14

What are the cleaning/possession rules for multiple day stays on URL. I know you can only clean fish immediately before cooking them but what do you do with the carcasses if you are staying for multiple days to show they were caught on a certain day? We are heading up next Fri-Sun. Are we allowed to catch, clean, and eat our limits on Fri and Sat and then take a limit home on Sun?? Do the carcasses for the other days need to be labeled??

Yes you can eat your 2 walleye a day and then on Sunday catch your 2 and bring them home. Not sure on what you do with the remains though.

i know you dont have to keep the carcasses in your house all weekend.how they gonna know if you ate fish or not.just get rid of the carcasses the next mornin.then you should be able to bring your limit home.but i could be wrong.i would look at the dnr site for more info.

The carcasses must be kept in your house unfrozen and available for measurement by the DNR through the end of the day they were caught.

Then you MUST dispose of the remains on shore BEFORE you possess anymore walleye. They are still considered your 2 fish possession even if they are carcasses.

If the DNR stops by your house on Sunday and you have 3 days worth of carcasses and 2 walleyes to bring home, you will be cited for 4 walleye over your possession limit.

There have been multiple flyers and info tyoed about this... the latest update and clarification took place the 1st week of January... I'll see if I can scare it up.

Good Luck!

Ken

Well said Ken. Remember WE are responsible for following the rules. Each day you get up, make a run to shore and ditch the remains from the meal you made the day/night before (in a garbage can). Then your possession limit starts over. With the fines as they are, you won't want to be looking at the Game Warden with that many walleyes in a bag! ;\)

Love the avatar! that has to be one of the best shots I have seen in awhile. Definetly an excited young man.

3ft of ice auger down 2ft BINGO! homemade garbage can! Odds are always in your favor. Im sure youll figure out how to take care of the problem!as most do.

Quote:
3ft of ice auger down 2ft BINGO! homemade garbage can! Odds are always in your favor. Im sure youll figure out how to take care of the problem!as most do.

And I'm sure one of our several wardens using spotting scopes as they do will also say "BINGO" when they remind you where your new garbage can is located, the possesion limit is 2 along with the littering laws.

I'm guessing it is cheaper to "dispose of properly"

Fearfish...

You gotta be kidding me! You're gonna come on a public forum and advocate that someone breaks the law? Cute! I always hoped that all members of this site abide by the laws and promote ethics in all outdoor pursuits! \:\(

Can you imagine the lake at ice out if only a thousand guys pulled that stunt over a weekend throughout the winter? I'm sure the cabin owners will really be pleased when all the remenants from 'your' dinner wash up on their beach... sick.gif

Dispose of your trash properly! I take my 10 year old out and pick up trash most every spring... and even at 10 he's appalled at what we see and knows better! And that includes a couple of hundred walleye carcasses left on the ice under houses... \:\(

Good Luck!

Ken

I agree, I fish in the Twin Cites and I am sick of picking up after other people, almost every time out I come back with an extra bag FULL. So please don't litter it only makes the rest of us look bad. If you bring it out bring it back if you don't want to carry it back don't carry it out!!!!!!!!!!

John, that pic is from your 6 man sleeper couple weeks back. That was the little 5 year old out skimming tip ups with me when it was 10 below during the day! Wouldn't ya know the Gator came on a 6 lb crappie pole!!

Oh I remember it. It was seriously cold out, I was hiding in the truck and I look across the ice and there is a very young man out skimming holes. Artic explores said to heck with it but not that guy. You sould post the pic bigger so we can see the excitement on his face. You just can't make that stuff up.

Fearfish 4:20 you talking MJ?? I hope you are kidding with your can idea......the lake and the fish will pay for it if we had people do that. If you don't want to drive off the lake then don't go out there please.

Originally Posted By: LABS4ME

Dispose of your trash properly! I take my 10 year old out and pick up trash most every spring... and even at 10 he's appalled at what we see and knows better! And that includes a couple of hundred walleye carcasses left on the ice under houses... \:\(

Good Luck!

Ken

You should have seen last springs beach clean up. The Upper Red Lake Area Assocation puts on a spring clean-up effort. We filled trucks full. I had a small strech of the eastern shore and the assistance of the Kelliher Public School seniors and we filled my snomobile trailer three times. If I remember correctly we filled four trucks FULL with trash off the beach.

Locals do not take kindly to littering and most won't hesitate to bring it to attention.

Ill attempt to upload the full photos:

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1205-1.jpg

1st photo was of the moon over Johns truck on the crappie hyw.

The moon shot is awesome! Some of the best moon rises and sunsets I have witnessed were courtesy of Red Lake! Sometimes worth twice the cost of admission!!!

Good Luck!

Ken

Your garbage can idea was kinda funny 4:20.

I was disappointed your crucifixion wasn't more severe or clever though.

relax guys wow! get all worked up I figured nobody could just read that and not reply with something outrageous! had to test the waters to see the responses. If you honestly think everyone on FM does the "right thing" in the world your madly mistken. Im sure nobody is perfect no matter how much you preach ethics! Rules constantly get broken due to lack of knowledge or just choosing to do it. I dont condone either but it does happen!

I would imagine that you do not throw your garbage out in your own back yard so what makes you think somebody else wants it in their backyard

untitled.jpg

This is the latest regs. as posted by the DNR... Enjoy a meal, follow the laws and we can continue to have this regulation allowing us to eat fish with slot limits while ice fishing.

Good Luck!

Ken

Fear no fish 4:20

I hope to never see you on any lake ever. I cant believe you would even say that. You know you do it. Stay away from Red Lake please. Nobody wants you there. Not any guide, not any restuarant, nobody. You are an unethical POS. Carma will catch up with you.

You can fish with me anytime. I enjoy fishing with people who have a little bit of a sense of humor! grin.gif

A sense of humor is fine but don't give the morons any new ideas. Karma will definitely catch up with you......personally thats my theory on why the Giants beat the Patriots!

Originally Posted By: _FearNoFish4:20_
relax guys wow! get all worked up I figured nobody could just read that and not reply with something outrageous! had to test the waters to see the responses. If you honestly think everyone on FM does the "right thing" in the world your madly mistken. Im sure nobody is perfect no matter how much you preach ethics! Rules constantly get broken due to lack of knowledge or just choosing to do it. I dont condone either but it does happen!

No one is perfect. But gloating about trashing a lake is not acceptable. This site is used to promote good sportsmanship, and to be a good steward of the nature.

I hope you have learned now that no one is with you on this one. If this is truely the way you do things on the lake, you are no fishermen.

Originally Posted By: brady_d

You can fish with me anytime. I enjoy fishing with people who have a little bit of a sense of humor! grin.gif

Sense of humor? Try negligence.