• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need some help!!!!

delta hunter

I am planning on coming up to the St. Cloud area maybe this weekend or the next to take my brother-in-law out fishing. I am looking for some advice on some lakes to look at to catch some eyes. He doesn't get out on the ice that much, unless he comes home for weekend which isn't that much either! I know of Koronis, Rice, and of course the little jount up to the Pond. I've been up to the pond a couple of times this year with little success. I am looking for a lake a little closer than that. Any info would be great! Thanks to all that reply!

I have consistently got a few eyes every time out on Little Rock in the afternoon into the early evening. Have also caught a lot of them on Koronis, just none of them have been over 13".

This weekend is looking to be cold and windy for a heads up.

Little Rock, Koronis, and Rice are the lakes nearest to St. Cloud I would recommend trying. If you don't mind driving a little further but want a better shot at getting fish I would try Gull Lake near Brainerd. They have been going pretty good out there.

Those are all good lakes but dont forget clearwater, its about as close as most of those lots of good spots out there for eyes and crappies

Thanks for the replies guys!! Now the other thing I am wondering is lake travel? Can I drive on these lakes and if so is pretty easy to get around in a truck due to snow?

You should be fine on pretty much any lake you go. I have hit a number of lakes within the last couple weeks and have been perfectly fine without 4 wheel drive. The roads are pretty well established to most spots on the area lakes. If you wanted to go off and try something remote you might need a 4x4 otherwise I don't think anything more is needed.

Only way you wont be able to is if you are driving an 18 wheeler or it snows a lot. was on grand tonight ice almost to the motor of the auger

You guys that are catching the little rock fish are the decent size and are you fishing on the east shore?

Thanks

Crappies are running small on the rock, but the walleyes have all been nice and all I've caught are still swimming. Haven't made it over to the east side yet, staying closer to the west access. Not a single perch out there this year and last year I would get 20-30 5-8" everytime out there.