• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thoughts on Joe Mauer

Dahitman44

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• tisosy11

• Scott K

Be aware my laughing Twinkie friends that the area surrounding Geno's beloved Cubbies is fondly known as "boys town" you will have to ask Geno why but I have heard that there are many fellas up there who are a tad light in the loafers, if you get my drift! None of that Nancy-Boy stuff on the south side!

Windy

Cubbies --

Now that is a funny team.

They remind me of the low-budget Twins -- They try to do just enough to fill (most) the seats.

Hitman,

My two favorite baseball teams are the White Sox...And whoever is playing the Cubs!

That being said, I could not disagree with you more. The Cubbies would fill that bandbox of a park if the Little Sisters of the Blind were on the field playing! LOL

The Cubbies are notorious for overpaying for talent that is past its prime and for signing huge long term deals. I think they might still be paying Slammy Sosa, is that right Geno?

The idiots who attend games at Wiggly Field are just there until the bars open up in "Boys Town" and then they are off to a night of "fellowship" if you get my drift. They could care less who is winning and most of the time probably could not tell you if you asked!

Windy

Yeah, last year Cub fans couldn't even keep up with how many they won.

It was just not as easy to keep track of wins for the 1st place Cubbies as it was for the 5th place WSox!

Geno,

Even a broken watch is right twice a day! LOL

Don't make me pull the stats out of the Cubbies vs Pale Hose with winning records in the last 20 years, it won't be pretty for you. Now getting back to Hitman's question, have the Cubbies finally paid off ole Slammy or do they still owe him a year or two at 30 mil per? I think they still got a while to go on Nomar as well!!!

Windy

Sled,

There may be some people with very good sun tans near The Cell, my brotha from anotha motha! But you nailed the Cubbies equation exactly.

Windy

Tisosy,

Me and some of my sout side hommies will be waiting for you....In the parking lot! LOL

Have a good time, man. Order some of the ultimate nachos but only if you are in the good seats, not the regular ones, they only have the basic nachos.

Windy

We might be 12th row bleachers...not sure. My buddy is a huge sox fan down there and likes to get a huge tailgate going a couple times a year!

Don't forget the bean bags for the tail gating!

Windy

oh yea - bags are a must!

we usually have bags, beer, 1-2 grills, beer, meat, tunes, beer and anything else...

not sure his finishing touches but thats usually the way we roll when tailgating...

Take off you hoser!

Maybe some back bacon, eh!

And if it is cold, don't forget your touqes (sp)

LOL

Windy

Windy-

nothing better than going through the hood to watch a baseball game. Been to the park a few times (great park) and its quite the drive through the nice neighborhood.I'm sure I will be out there a few time this year, I wanna check out a Cubs game at Wrigley, walked around it many time's but never been inside the stadium.

Wild,

You should have a great time at The Cell. Just keep your windows rolled up and the doors locked on your way home! Inside the parking lot you should be OK.

As for Wiggly Field, the only advice I can give you while walking around outside the park is this...

If you drop any spare change on the ground...Just leave it there! Sorry for the take off on an old joke about dropping the soap in the shower. Also be very careful if you run into any girls named Lola....She walked like a woman and talked like a man, L O L A Lola!

Windy

Do not, I repeat, do NOT spend time tailgating at the Cell UNLESS you are wearing your b-proof vest!

(Windy, insert here how it was at Wrigley that a guy got shot)

Me? I'm quite comfortable watching the game on TV ESPECIALLY in early season temps.

" Me? I'm quite comfortable watching the game on TV ESPECIALLY in early season temps. "

Ya you guys should build a dome!

Build a dome? Heck, Zell is gonna sell the field and sell naming rights and it will forever no longer be called Wrigley Field.

I hope Wrigley gum company buys the naming rights!

Geno,

That is why I said that as long as you are in the parking lot you are OK. Since they torn down the Robert Taylor homes the random bullits have dropped significantly! LOL

And didn't that guy at Wiggly get killed? Not just shot.

Windy

windy --

take off -- 2 the great white north, eh?

good stuff.

you call yourself Windy but I bet you have never been 2 Fargo. That area is not fun -- We never talk about the wind because it is there all of the time.

lol

Hit,

Oh yah, fer sure, I been up der to Fargo. Ya know that Clear Coat is installed at the factory so my manager says I can take $100 off da price!

Windy

yassir -- did you say ya sure or yassir?

You mocking me boy?

super troopers -- best "after a beer or 10" movie ever made.

BTW --

windy -- thanks for sending us Berrian. He is good. ;\)

Mocking you, no I'm not mocking you. (Joe Pesci from My Cousin Vinny)

I hope you enjoy Berrian, you paid enough for him! Your offer was twice what the Bears offered him. No surprise he is sporting the Queens garb. Meanwhile we nailed down Briggs at a bargain price for 6 years!

Windy

I been to Fargo.....The last time for 4 years ago and I am still leaning from the wind.... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif The worst was in Jan of '97....-35 temp and that wind blowing made it about -80 something wind chill. 350 miles and the difference in climate is amazing.

Tisosy,

I can't wait until Lance Briggs catches Berrian coming across the middle and plants him into the turf in his Purple and Gold!

I watched your video now maybe you can check out mine. It's not on youtube it is on DVD and it is called THE SUPER BOWL SHUFFLE, something the Queens have never been able to claim.

I ain't here to start no trouble....I'm just here to do the SUPER BOWL SHUFFLE!

Windy