• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOW Trip its almost time

we are heading up to zipple bay in two weeks and you dont even want to know what i had to do to go on this fishing trip during VALENTINE'S weekend. I tried to tell her that every day is valentine day with her, ( not a smart move ) so instead i just payed for the trip before i told her. yes some of you are thinking man that guy has some cahunas or some of you are saying thats how stupid those cheeseheads are but all i can think is i will be in heaven for 4 days and nights and then back to [PoorWordUsage]. anyhow my question is what is the quickest way to LOW from the cities? i have seen some say 4hrs but i have been there before and it took almost 6hrs. is there some secret fish road that i dont know about? please help me !by the way i only need the info for the trip up, i will take the long way home.

Hey packman, try the Upper Red Lake thread, page 7. LOW is just a little farther North. It's "the best way to URL" post. I like the last post on page one myself, click on page five, then page 7, good luck and good fishing!

Valentine's day is on Thurs. what dose the weekend have to do with it. Thurs. it's over, done, history, outa here, Just make sure ya pay the rent before ya leave, Ha Ha.. boar

It all depends on what end of the cities you're departing from, what time of day and what day of the week. If there is metro traffic, I'll take 35W to Moose Lake west on 27 to 73 north on 73 to hwy 2 through Grand Rapids to 46 up to Northome, then take 72 up to Baudette.

If there isn't any traffic in the cities (I live out on the east side of the cities) the fastest for us has been to go 169 up to Grand Rapids, then take 46 up to Northome, then take 72 up to Baudette.

Like Toolgarage says but I think in garrison there is a Hwy 6 that might be 15 minutes faster then going into Grand Rapids. It will take you to Cohasit which is a few miles west of grand rapids. If you take 46 when it ends you have to go like 2 or so miles south and west towards Bemiji to get to 72. You dont want to take 71 north because that heads northeast and will add an extra hour to your drive.

boar at my house valentines is a 4 day event plus i have the wife and daughter.