• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

90's Chicago Bulls Dynasty

Scott M

After watching the Pats lose last night (a conclusion which I was rooting for), I found myself thinking about the 90's Chicago Bulls dynasty. I was a huge Bulls fan. Throughout grade school I had Chicago Bulls everything. About half a dozen caps, a starter jacket, a Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman jersey, Michael Jordan "Wings" poster, t-shirts for every year they won it all, zubaz, wind pants and jacket, you name it, and I probably had it in Chicago Bulls. I loved those teams, I love Jordan.

Now I'm older and I can't stand dynasties like these...If you count the Lakers in the early part of this decade and the Patriots in football. I don't like those teams because they win every year and they're cocky. But in his prime, Jordan was cocky too. He once said "There is no 'I' in team, but there is an 'I' in win." For me, rooting for Jordan was like rooting for America. I considered the Bulls America's team...they certainly were more than the Dallas (Felons?) Cowboys. I just appreciated how they did things with the Triangle offense, bit players stepping up, etc.

So I guess I am wondering, do you look back fondly on the 90's Bulls dynasty? Did you cheer for the Bulls?

I lived in Chicago for 19 years and was also a huge Bulls fan. One of my good friend's parent's had season tickets. Got to see some amazing games. They were truely the "unstopabulls". DA BULLS

They were pretty easy to cheer for when the Wolves were going 22-60 for the first 5 years of the decade. Bulls vs Knicks was a great playoff series to watch. That move when Jordan spun baseline and dunked on Patrick Ewing. Still gives me chills.

I never thought those Bulls teams were all that great. They had Jordan and Pippen, then what? Rodman? Wennington? Paxton? Just a bunch of role players around two superstars. If they had played in a slightly different era they may never have won a championship. The Bulls of the 90s couldn't hold a candle to the Celtics or Lakers of the 80s.

??? Jordan and Pippen and a bunch of role players is exactly what they needed....They would have hung right in with the Celts and Lakers of the 80's not saying who's better but the Bulls definatly would not be blown away by those teams!! Jordan was just to dominant!!! Who would guard him?

i wish i could remember the jordan days, i even had a 2nd chance to watch him when he was with the wizards...i was still pretty little when he was with the wizards but i was watchin wolves games, and i wish i watched some mj games

Nobody could stop Jordan. He had his fade away, he would drive to the hoop with that tongue hanging out. Just Jordan being Jordan.

You're right, no one could guard Jordan. In fact, he scored sixty-some points against the Celts in the '86 playoffs, I believe. The Bulls lost the game in OT and got swept for the series. Jordan started his career in what, '84? The Bulls didn't become a force until the early nineties when all the really good competition was gone.

The comp was gone??? maybe the celts but at that time Jordan didn't even have another person on his team to help......once he got help his teams were tough to match!!! he did win a championship over the Lakers I thought.........

The dynastic competition was gone. If you look at the teams the Bulls beat in the finals, they weren't in the same ballpark as the Celtics and Lakers of the 80s. Look at it this way: the only time the Malone/Stockton Jazz teams could make it to the finals was way late in their careers--when the Bulls beat them. They could never get past the Lakers in the 80s.

• 2 weeks later...

Juggs ever heard of 72-10? I think they could play with anyone, anywhere, anytime. My dad and I religiously watched the Bulls of the 90's, I was born and raised in northern IN. It was a lot of fun the first few rings, but by the 72-10 season came around it was almost boring at times because the outcome was almost predictable. Aren't most teams led by a star with role players playing their roles around the star? You can't compare Jordan of the 80's with Jordan of the 90's. Two different players due to age and experience. I will say though my favorite player was always Scottie Pippen through the run. Just an all around player that helped in elevating Jordan to the next level.

After saying all this though, the game is almost agonizing to watch now.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.