• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

licenses?

fish2live

i heard the 2007 license is good through march even though it says feb 28.i couldn't find it in the reg book. is this true or is it going to be implemented on the 08 licese.

Your 2007 license is good through Feb. 29, 2008. New 2008 reg's for fishing licenses are for 14 months from March to April 30th, 2009 on page 5 or 2008 Minnesota Fishing 2008 Regulations.

was at gander today and the board says the 2007 license are good till end of march. i asked the guy there because i couldn't find it in the rules he says it came straight from the dnr.

Fish The DNR site is so BIG,But I think I read that somewhere on their site.They are slso supposedly making their site more user friendly.

How long is my 2007 fishing license good?

2007 fishing licenses are good until April 30, 2008

took this from the dnr website so our 2007 license is good til april 30,2008

if you want to verify it your self type in 2007 license good through april in the search and i think it is the third link down.

Originally Posted By: fish2live
How long is my 2007 fishing license good?

2007 fishing licenses are good until April 30, 2008

took this from the dnr website so our 2007 license is good til april 30,2008

if you want to verify it your self type in 2007 license good through april in the search and i think it is the third link down.

CORRECT

My 2007 license says it expires on February 29,2008, as well.Are you sure you read it right off of the DNR website? I just read part of the 2008 regulations book, and it does read that 2008 licenses will be good until April 30,2009.That could be an expensive mistake if the dates are misinterpreted.Anyone else want to verify the real deal here?

Yeah, rockman, check out my link to the DNR site on page 1 of this thread. It came straight from their site.

polar, I checked out the link.It does say that on the linked page. I then checked the DNR's online copy of the 2007 regulations book, and that says the 2007 license expires on February 29. Someone,if not myself, needs to email the DNR to get this clarified.

It's 2008 the online 2007 regulations book was put together in 2006.

The DNR won't go back and change any of that.

pierbridge,what exactly are you telling me? I went to the general fishing page of the DNR's website, and clicked on the link to the pdf copy of the 2007 regulations.The regulations online are indentical to the printed book,except for a few revised new changes to the regs, and that book states, once again, the 2007 license expires on February 29th.If I missed the revisions in that pdf copy of the regs.book that is online,can someone provide a link to where the DNR amended the regs to extend the license period of the 2007 license until April 29th? In any event, I will call the DNR tomorrow to clarify this.

It is not in the 2007 reg book. It is in the DNR FAQ. I printed out a copy to carry with me just in case.

We could probably all not worry about it too much buy purchasing our license on March 1st, it is something we need to do sometime in the next couple months anyway. We know that those ones will be good until the end of Arpil in 09. Only problem with this scenario is that we need to find a place selling licenses early as Cool Cats is on March 1st.

The 2007 season goes until 2/29/08. the 2008 season begins March 1. NEW this season is that a fishing license is valid for 14 months (from page 5 of the 2008 regulations)

So the information on the FAQ link is correct. Legislature then applied it to current license as well. This is so you don't have to by a new license before the ice season is done.

good luck all....

I am coming up from Alabama 28 Feb - 7 March and knew about the law which had fishing licenses expire on 29 Feb, so I called the DNR directly and they told me the 2007 licenses are good through 30 April 08. They also directed me to the same FAQ link on their site to verify.

I am coming up from Alabama 28 Feb - 7 March and knew about the law which had fishing licenses expire on 29 Feb, so I called the DNR directly and they told me the 2007 licenses are good through 30 April 08. They also directed me to the same FAQ link on their site to verify.

Just got off the phone with the DNR. Your 2007 license is good until April 30th, 2008.

If you think about it it just makes sense to change the expiration date. Now you don't have to buy a new license to finish out the hard water season.

Ok, I emailed the DNR and here is the reply that I recived from Kevin Kyle at the DNR:

The 2007 license you have now is valid thru April 30th. The 2008 licenses go on sale in late Feb and will be valid from March 1st, 2008 thru April 30th 2009. Either license will be valid until thru the end of April. The 2007 license thru April 30th, 2008, the 2008 license will be valid thru April 30th, 2009. New this year, the license will be valid for 14 months, March 1st thru the following April 30th, Kevin

This was my question

>>> "680-cell" <[email protected]> 2/12/2008 5:37 AM >>>

To whom it may concern: I have found a major confusion in the interpretation of how long the 2007 fishing license is valid. On the license is says that it expires February 29 2008 and in the FAQ portion of the MN DNR website it states: How long is my 2007 fishing license good? 2007 fishing licenses are good until April 30, 2008. There seems to be a lot of confusion and controversy over this. Can this be verified to be correct? How can this be done? Thank you very much for any help.

>>>C.H.

I got it,Pierbridge! grin.gifgrin.gif I called the DNR the next day and the nice lady I talked to said it was changed as of last July.She answered the inquiry in a way as if I was supposed to know this by osmosis, or something.Oh well.At least the DNR could of revised the front webpage so it isn't so difficult to find this FAQ for some of us.

Sweet!.... I'm suprised we got pretty much all the same answers from the phone calls and E-mails to the DNR normally there would have been at least different versions to choose from. grin.gif

Just kidding the DNR does a great job overall!

Pier I knew the date before this thread started,my statement was just to show that any question will get multiple answers right,wrong,inbetween,I kinda slowed down on posts answering questions I know because of this,I've seen some take advice that was way off base.But live and learn.