• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What happened to peoples manners?

When I went out on Chisago on Saturday Evening. The first Thing I see is all the Fish houses out there. The second Thing I see is 2 trucks out there doing Dounuts. They are doing this not far from the First City of Fish Houses. That really annoys me. Also as I am driving out there, about 15 MPH There are people in their cars and trucks flying by me. Like they are out on the Highway or something.

Then when I get out to one of my Spots and get set up. There are two or three ATV's out running circles around the batch of houses That I am grouped in. This really annoys me too. Then the Kicker, here comes someone in a 1/2 ton Truck dragging a Portable Fish house and erected(suit case Style ) about 50 feet behind his truck, then comes right in the center of all the houses. Snaking his way in and out of all the houses. This person gets about 5 feet in front of my truck. Then circles back and does it again. Once he is thru, He heads over to another group of Houses and does the same thing.

I guess it just makes me wonder sometimes what people are thinking. Me being in my 40's, I know My Father raised me to have respect for the great outdoors and other Fisherman and other Hunters. It's like people forget there manners and just do what they want. With no regard to anyone else that maybe out on the lake. I see more and more wasted fish being thrown on the Ice. Why is it so hard to throw the fish back down the hole? I've seen Northerns, Sunnies,perch , and crappies laying out on the ice.

Now i know alot of people do respect others out on the Ice and in the field. But it seems to be more and more people just seem to do what they want. It is these people that will, and do ruin it for others. Gives other Fisherman a bad name.

Another good example, The access going onto the lake off of lake Ave. It is a bit rough. but thats no excuse for people to Cut thru on the guys lawn by the Access there. Whats gonna end up happening is they will make it so you can't access the lake from there either. Just like they did on the South Side of Chisago lake.

I understand your frustration. I too was on chisago yesterday and saw the same thing. I keep thinking though, that there are bad apples anywhere you go. There are still good people in this world.

Met a couple of nice guys on the ice yesterday, they were having a hard time catching fish.. I told them to move closer to me, as I was getting quite a few.

Did the same thing today.

Deitz if you see a black Chevy Silverado Ext cab with an American Flag for a hood protector. Stop by say hello. Or any other FMer's. I am in a purple Otter Lodge.

I was out on ham lake last weekend and was doing some tip up fishin. we started to get a coulpe of flags with a couple small snakes. sure enough, 2 trucks come right thru my tip ups and parked there truck like less than 5 feet from my tip up. where is the common curtiousy on the lake? this lake is really bad in my opinion, as this has happened to me multiple times. the best one is when a guy brings his kid over to look at a small northern laying a few feet from my tip up. brings him over on a 4 wheeler, and after they stomp around by my tip up the guy loads his kid up on the wheeler and starts doing donuts around my tip up? of course then i say what are you doing? he didn't even see a problem witth it and swore at me and drove off leaving me with a very bad taste in my mouth for some people who say they are sportsman. very frustrating. guess it is everywhere.

I don't know what it is.

It just seems to me, the more I take notice, that more and more Mothers, are naming their Sons, Richard Cranium.

Keith

Good observation! \:D I was starting to think the same thing. Went out to Rush this past weekend and again it never seems to amaze me at other people' stupidity. Man what a good lake gone to waste. GARBAGE.... everywhere sick.gif, people speeding all over the ice, and non-stop noise everywhere. What a madhouse! What happened to the times?

some people just dont get it. I was out on Coon Lake a few years ago this guy with three kids on his four wheeler come zoomin through my tip-up's and sure enough he runs one over so I went over to where he had stoped and toled him he owed my 15 bucks for a new tip-up he say's "why?" like he has no clue what just happened. So I showed him the tip-up then he apologizes and gives me the money but now since he gave me the money he wants the broken one since he "payed" for it so I told him he didn't pay for that one he payed for the new one I was gonna buy. When I broke this news to him he started swearing and cussin, I just walked away with 15 bucks and a busted tip-up.Some people just have no respect for other's.

Some people think rules or courtesy don't apply to them and they can do whatever they want because they think they are a tough guy or something.

Personally I think its best not to get all worked up about it... some people are just going to be that way. If you can politely explain to them how they are being rude I think that is the best option. either they are going to listen or not. And if they don't I don't think you should get all bent out of shape about it and just be concerned about yourself and be proud that you aren't acting like them. Lead by example just my two cents ya know?

Actually i was thinking it is time we start acting responsible and not tolerate this negative behavior any longer.

Choosing to ignore it is not gonna make the problem go away. But a tactful approach and letting people know that their behavior is not acceptable is a better idea, it's the only way to get people realize that their behavior has in impast on all Outdoors people.

Now i'm not saying go out and pick fights. I am saying find a way to let these people know their behavior is inapropriate.

Problem with trying to act on it is where to start. They're everywhere you go these days, not just the lakes.

Make a case for spanking! Too many people have never been disciplined and think that they can get away with anything. I FIRMLY believe that this is the reason we see so much selfish behavior these days.

I yelled at some punks for whipping donuts close to my house this year on 8" of ice. He proceded to head to the parking lot and slash tires. Luckily there was only 3 cars in the lot and he only got 2 of mine. [Note from admin: edited. Please read forum policy bfore posting again. Thank you.]

I can agree that there are a lot of rude people out there, no matter where you go,

How about we take a stance like one guy suggested, and ignore those on the lakes that choose this way of life, and let call the authoirities and let them hangle it. They are only a phone call away, trust me, it works great!

I was on forest lake yesterday and had to leave because I couldn't take the idiots on the lake any longer.

I was pretty much all by myself, there was a permanent about 40 yards away.

The People driving 50MPH across the lake then losing control and spinning all over the place, and the loud piped 4 wheelers.

There were just too many people screwing around doing donuts on the lake for me I had to leave.

People need to realize that doing 50MPH+ on a lake is ridiculous! not to mention dangerous. Losing control and slamming into a house or someone because you can't stop on glare ice PAY ATTENTION and use some common sense.

I guess I should be shocked that it's happeniong on alot of the lakes. I am more shocked that i am not.

You might have something there, it all starts from the Top. That meaning parents. My Folks taught me to respect others. Even more so to respect myself.

It's not just teenagers I see doing this. Whats sad is i see guys my own age displaying this behavior as well.

What about....Where is the money for our license fees going? It's the same with atv's....the bad ones ruin it....but where is the law?? It is the CO's responsibility to take care of this stuff, but yet it all happens too much.

Makes me very happy I have private land to hunt on.

it may hard to do. just ingore the idiots.. that what i wld do. just remeber you are already a better person than they are...

just liek deitz say. alot of bad apples out there but theres some good people in this world.

Authorities were called and arrived an hour later... People act like idiots more these days because we have been wussified as a culture. If more people stand up and put these people in there place they would quickly learn how to act. What is disturbing to me is how people act out in public, endangering lives of me and my children. Men need to stand up and act like men again, not counselors.

[Note from admin: Edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

well i am a teenager that you wont see ever doin that [PoorWordUsage]. i get [PoorWordUsage] when people that think that they are all that come flyin by within 20 yds. oops i didnt know that c.rap and p.issed were bad words lol grin.gif

i am a teen also and you will not see me doing anything like that ever. i was fishing rush lake during early ice and there was only 8 inch of ice and a guy decideds to pull his 6 wheeler out there right next to me in the middle of no where with a wheel house

i left shortly after cause water was slowly coming threw the holes .....

I know that we have all had some experiences with people that are not so thoughtful. I was just venting on the FL forum a few weeks back about people I call "Yahoos". I recently moved for new territory to get away from the yahoos that came in packs of 4-5 cars and trucks at a time right at dark each evening, stayed for a few minutes(15-30) and then roared back across the lake only to return a short time later. I heard about some loud 4 wheelers from a few folks this weekend as well that were out tearing it up between lakes 2&3. You weren't alone, they buzzed my shack this weekend as well. All I can say is that they, like many folks, they are out enjoying the outdoors and warm weather like the rest of us did this weekend. It all starts with us! We can raise respectful kids and teach them what is good etiquette and sportsmanship and what isn't. Like I said in my earlier post on the FL thread, "I was young and full of p+++ and vinegar once." I just wish that people would have some common sense and be nice! I think, this means teaching our young ones that skiing through a couple boats out fishing isn't okay, I think this means that driving out on the lake around fish houses and doing donuts isn't okay, I think this means buzzing shacks at mach 1 while on a sled or ATV isn't okay and various other things. Maybe we or our parents are to blame that these people are out being "yahoos". It has to start somewhere. Be kind, be a mentor, and if all else fails, call the sheriff or #TIP and report them. The outdoors is for us all but unfortunately, we all don't enjoy it the same way. Sorry for the rant, my .02.

Tunrevir~

Amen too all who are 'miffed' at the bad behavior on our woods and waters,I don't have any answers,but I do second the motion of 'a good whipping' as a child.My father sat me straight enough times that I learned respect at a young age[the 'hard' way] I know the difference on how to act in public,and don't believe some of the stuff I witness out in the world,and how poorly some people act and ruin others enjoyment of the great outdoors.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

I think it really boils down to how we are raised. I too caught the paddle when younger but can't take that route with my children. Society has changed so much from when I grew up to now that i'm not sure if it's for better or worse, probably worse. If your parents or caretakers teach you to respect yourself and others it will do nothing but good!! Oh ya lets not just blame the younger folk, I see many adults doing some awfully stupid things also. ole