• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waconia Breakins

What a bad week, got a call on Wed. that grandma died and had to head to Virgina, MN for a funeral on Friday. Got up Sat. and got a call from a neighbor on the lake that I had a broken window on the house. Thru the wife and kids in the truck ASAP and headed home, got to the lake around 3pm only to find we were wided out. Broke a side window and got everytthing, 2 flashers, underwater cam. 10-12 poles,tipups, 2 GPS's, tip ups, tackel boxs, the works!!!!! Now I would not normally leave the house out but did not have time to pull to shore. These were kids that did this, the window is 15" x 12" that they got in thru. Please keep your eyes and ears open to anyone looking to move some extra fishing items, a police report was filled and this theft will be handeled as a felony as the value was over $1,000 closer to $2100 as far as I can figure so far. There were 3 other houses as far as I am awair that also got hit and we figure it happened on Thursady night. The worst part is the wife and I are headed to URL on thursday and don't even have a pole to fish with. Hope the ins. guy has good news come monday mornging. Please keep an eye out for your neighbors, and a big thanks to mike, kyle and the other fishermen that came over and offered their simpathy and help as I cleaned up the mess they left me. If anyone has any info and even a guess on whos behind this please drop me a line and any info will be kept confidential.

Kottke,

That really stinks man. Did you have insurance?

Are you from the Virginia area? I'm a 88' grad from Virginia. I also went to grade school in Eveleth and junior high in Gilbert. Yeah, my mom moved around alot when I was a kid. ;\)

Sorry about your grandfather.

Very, very disappointing kottke. I hope they get caught. It happend to me about five years ago on buffalo. Its a shame a good majority of the young population doesn't have morals anymore. And thats what this is all about, the lack of the fear of God in peoples hearts. I will probably get critisized for this but its the truth. More importantly sorry about your grandma.

Very sorry to hear this. I feel for your loss. I hope you don't lose your spirit about fishing, good friendly fisherman are becoming less abundant it seems \:\(

kottke,

heard that 2 houses out on kegs got broke into and 1 on pillsbury. that is why i stay up at night when i am out watching and listening to were the cars go. this is also why it is great to know your neighbors that around u. sorry this happened. at yet a fellow fm'er.

Terrible! I've been on the receiving end of this too many times. One time, not only did they take everything, but it looked like they drove 'thru' the house a number of times...nothing left but a twisted mess of aluminum and wood. I'll be hoping for good news for you from the insurance agent and am sorry for your loss.

I used to cause a lot of trouble when i was a kid, but never broke into peoples stuff. Its sad and i agree with fishersofmen. no morals and no fear. Inconsiderate punk kids! I wish you the best and hope the get caught real soon.

It sucks man, just a heads up watch ebay and craigs list ya never know when somithing will pop up. I used to have the same problem on white bear. We were just lucky we never left anything out there, Except for half filled booze bottles spiked with urine and half a pack of cigarettes dipped in super glue.

Originally Posted By: funbilly
Except for half filled booze bottles spiked with urine and half a pack of cigarettes dipped in super glue.

Now that's funny! One problem, I'd probably forget about the urine one night and accidently take a swill from it. crazy.gif

I realize there wasn't anything you could do due to having to leave quickly. I got broken into once and since then have never left anything in the house I didn't want stolen. I even leave the door unlocked so I don't have to put it back on or replace hinges and locks. If we all took our stuff with us they wouldn't have anything to steal. It seems that eventually it happens on every lake. Don't leave anything in there.

hey me and a buddy from home have a house out on waconia and we live about 30 minutes from there and i was wondering if u could tell me if a house that has flames on it was broke into or not thanks

it happens all the time on this lake. Seems like every year there is always something going on with breakins on houses out there. I wish you could just caught them people, becuase its so wrong.

That bottle never came out until we were all ready to leave!

Originally Posted By: Kylersk
 Originally Posted By: funbilly
Except for half filled booze bottles spiked with urine and half a pack of cigarettes dipped in super glue.

Now that's funny! One problem, I'd probably forget about the urine one night and accidently take a swill from it. crazy.gif

KOTTKE

Hope all is well - wondering how everything turned out after fish house break-in. Was URL a success? I'd like to plan a trip there too but am trying to save my vacation time for me and the wife at the cabin up north. I love the ice, but the pontoon starts sounding appealing right about now.

URL was a blast, -28 on Sat. with 30-40 mph winds still didn't hamper the fun. The wife and I caught about 4 craapies and 15-17 eyes, no gators this year. A big thanks to Dawn @ cabin fever for helping a guy out, and getting us going for URL. Still working w/the ins. co.. They keep saying they are going to cover but until I see some cash I'm not holding my breath.

I like Cabin Fever - bought my first power auger from Jeff somewhere around 1990 - can't remember exactly. The fact that they helped you out falls in line with their integrity as a business in my opinion. As far as insurance - you don't see money, they don't see the next premium, right? Glad URL was fun - figured it would be....still trying to hold out for the pontoon. We just moved from Cemetery to Andersons...nothing worth talking about yet. One thing good about slow fishing, it reminds you of the dos and don'ts about moving the #!^* fish house.

Jeff had shiners by the way.

Good Luck fishing!

OMG if i had a shack out with that much stuff in it, and i caught someone in the middle of tryin to take my stuff, i'd be callin 911. But not for the cops ;D