• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, if "Hitman" is the King of the 10 inch walleyes, I learned today that I am the Prince of the 8 inch walleyes!! I set up shop today on Lida and come about 5pm I found myself in the middle of a feeding frenzy....I caught about 20-25 walleyes in a little over an hour....all but two were only about 8 inches \:\( However, I did take home two nice ones...right about 15-16 inches. I have never seen so many little walleyes on Lida before....I just kept catching one after another...and had to laugh...now I know how Hitman feels.

Cletus, we need to hit that same spot sometime. Maybe friday or if you want to try the trout nearbye. I have to work till 0200 that morning and my tax appointment at 1700 in Fergus Falls. I'm going out on Tuesday, was gonna try Ida, near cormorant. But, if you want, you can slide me the GPS cords of your spot. Let me know, the Perch

Originally Posted By: perch_destroyer
But, if you want, you can slide me the GPS cords of your spot. Let me know, the Perch

ah, yes, and how about if I send you my bank and credit card info as well crazy.gif\:D

Sure thing, if you want, you can email me if your not comfortable putting them on this post, all the account numbers and the expiration dates too, I'll need those. Oh yeah, don't forget the GPS cords, those have more value than your "private bank account". I can see it now, "Hello, Mrs. Cletus are you aware........................". the Perch

Well, don't wait around by your computer to long for the account numbers....it could be awhile. You should also set up the private account...and then you wouldn't have to have your wife's approval for such purchases. I consider myself a "thinking man".

oh yeah, the gps cords.....aint going to happen \:D

I will talk to you this week about fishing.....I think we should do the trout thing we spoke about....and as we drive by lida I will point out the spot. Its over there..by the snow and ice ;\)

Ok, you win... I work 2night and train rookies all day 2morrow, if your working today or 2morrow we'll talk then. later the Perch

Hey Cliffy, I am not going to ask for any grids points since I have my own on lida... anyway, I was wondering how you got out onto Lida. I see that access on the north side of the lake got messed up. A friend of mine was out there and said he couldn't make it over the cement that had pushed up. Was wondering how you got out there? Also thought I'd mention the Tourney out there this coming saturday... maybe your ten inchers would be enough........

Hey, that is no problem...I am willing to share cords....I was just giving Perch a hard time since we are co-workers.

I grew up in PR (Class of 1987 Go Vikes!!) and my family (parents and brother and his family) still live on Lida (Bagley Bay area). I just drove off of their property by snowmobile....or "snowmobiler" as my niece calls it. Its sorta nice to have access to the lake on the south side of north lida as I dont seem to find much company on the water. The north side always seems so busy.

I was fishing North East of the main Island, in about 30 fow. I went back to one of my old way points that I knew was about 16 fow and checking the lake map, I was trying to find a little deeper water.

Hmmmmmm I guess I have never really fished the south side of Lida. I am hoping they get that access fixed so I can get on the lake. Its been a while since I have been out fishing and this is only delaying it.

Hey dead, heard you were out in my spot last weekend.....

Originally Posted By: kywest
Hey dead, heard you were out in my spot last weekend.....

you must have heard wrong because I was about 200 miles south east of that spot last weekend ;). Seriously, I was in the metro last weekend, so it must have been Peter they were thinking of. I'd like to go back though, he iced another tullibee and marked a bunch more...

I was On lida last weekend. there is a good hump there, but I made it with no problems. I did have to give a running start to get up the hill though. Man that road is slick after you leave the ice. When I was leaving there was a tow truck pulling someone up the road since he could not make it by his self.

I've got my permanent out there, I just brought it out last weekend for a sleep over with the kids and was gonna pull it off until it heaved. I will pull it off this week to get it closer to home but am looking forward to fishing it late ice in some other spots. Fish are still going where we fished with you but the bite started late, around 8:30pm, and they wanted small crappie minnows in a horizontal presentation. Next time I head out I'll give you a holler and maybe we could meet up, I've got another spot you may want to try. They fixed the heave and something big plowed roads all over the place, easy to get around and on/off the lake now.

Fish:

When did they fix it? When I drove by there on Friday it was still all messed up. I think the next time I will be able to get out will be saturday. There is a tournament out there that the local Jaycees are putting on. Not sure anything about it, I just know its on saturday. I would like to hear some other places you found though

The mountain is fixed. No problems coming off on Saturday this last weekend (Feb. 2). It bottomed out my brothers pickup last weekend! That thing was nasty and I was worried about getting the permanent off.

Tell me how the access is after this weekend if you guys could. I have a 8ft by 17ft fishhouse out there that i need to get off. Thanks

Yeah I saw today when I drove by that it had been fixed. Heard about people driving their trucks through the property of peoples cabins that are vaccant throughout the winter.... Not to crazy about that one. I love to fish but I am not gonna drive through someones yard just to go.

Cliffy I don't suppose I could talk you out of them grids from your little feeding frenzy? I am taking my dad out for the first time this year and would like to atleast get him an eye or two if at all possible. Thanks

Originally Posted By: kywest
Cliffy I don't suppose I could talk you out of them grids from your little feeding frenzy? I am taking my dad out for the first time this year and would like to atleast get him an eye or two if at all possible. Thanks

No problems. You got mail. I must have caught all the small ones...so its your turn to catch the big ones.

Take care

Cliffy

I'll be out there Thursday evening and then might pull the house off but am unsure. Ky, give me a holler and I'll tell you about the other spots. Cliffy, if you could give me a holler tomorrow, I'd appreciate it; heck, I'll be in my Fargo office all day if you want to get together for lunch.

Fisherdog:

I think I still have your cell number so I will give ya a call in the afternoon. I will have to pass on the lunch plans..but thanks for the offer....I gotta work today...just heading out the door. Thanks.

Cliffy

Cliffy, thanks for the grids.... now I just gotta figure out how to use lat-long. I am used to MGRS but I am sure I can figure it out.