• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Demontreville Lake

I've fished this lake a few times this winter for panfish. Everytime I end up finding the fish they are just little 5 inch sunfish that I can't keep of my hook and they light up the flasher like a christmas tree. I've been seaching for crappies and absolutely cannot find them. Is there any decent panfish in that lake or is the entire population stunted?

Also Would the crappies be in the same location as these little sunfish or am I in the totally wrong place?

I fished Demontreville quite a bit last year, but have only been out a couple times this year. I also burnt out on the small fish and tried a few spots where there weren't many people. There is a deep hole (20ft+) around the other side of the lake. The action there was much slower, but a few bigger (relative) fish were mixed in. Probably 3 sunnies for every 1 crappie, and had to really pick through for any keepers.

I had some pretty good tip-up action for small northerns along some of the weedlines in the shallow part of the lake.

Good Luck!