• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Quick Report - 2/1

Made it out this afternoon and had a little luck with the walleyes. I set up in around 10' of water on a point that drops off into the main basin and I had action from 3-6pm using a Northland Eye Dropper with a minnow head for bait. The bobber and jigging rod went about 50/50, so there wasn't much preference in the action. I ended up bringing five through the holes, with two that were keeper size. Not fast and furious by any means, but enough to keep a guy interested. By the time the sun was on the horizon the bite was over, with most of the fish coming between 4:30-5:30pm.

if you dont mind me asking what lake you were on. I was on bell last night and had some luck allso. I had three eyes through the hole 2 at about 1-2 Lb. and one went 5Lb. it was a good time. Of course the [PoorWordUsage] was biting two but like all year barly wirth keeping half.

Tried it again this afternoon/evening and pulled up four with only one that was keeper sized. Tried a little shallower and seemed to have action a little longer into the evening. I missed a couple that felt like better fish too. Oh well. Nothing happening on the dead rod today.

Lmitout I was out also last night again I also didnt do so well. what lake are you fishing.

This is for fishinalot

I brought 2 walleyes that were 2Lb. each through the ice and one was 5lb. for a total of 3 walleyes. then the crapis started in and they were all to small as usual. dose that help you under stand.

You didn't mention the name of the lake you were fishing. (or maybe you just woke up on the couch and were dreaming ? LOL !)

Sorry, the name of the lake is left out to protect the innocent, the lake, and my fishing spot. It's not like it's a "hot" bite that needs to be protected but you know how it goes around here. Somebody hears that a single fish is caught on Lake X and two dozen houses show up the next day and more than likely you're crowded out of your spot just because you wanted to help.

After my fish house was broken into earlier this winter it's hard for me to feel obligated to share much of anything anymore. Leaves a real sour taste in your mouth when it was probably somebody that was fishing right next to you.

But I think we all can post reports as I did and give some people an idea of what is working and what is biting and how deep without revealing the lake you're fishing on. If you wish to say what lake it is then by all means do so, but I would hope that more people would speak up on what they are doing to help others who are searching for a fish or two.

Finding the spot is half the fun! Finding a new spot because you tried to help someone is not.

Im with you 100% lmtout! It seems ur post was rite on with offering info without hurtn your "spot"! I agree after a guys house gets broken into he tends to be alittle more tight lipped on his exact location. Im sick of all the cyber stalkers on here that are looking for nothing but a free hand out, without offering anything in return! Keep the reports coming man, im with you all the way on ur stance!

Oh !! LOL {{{shaking head}}} So you won't name the lake eh? You seem to be a bit incompatable with the flavor of this forum. I for one have posted what I caught, where, and what lake. See "Manuella" thread. I guess maybe I was just too evangelical and wanted others to share in little fun. Oh well, my mistake. I apologize.

Originally Posted By: Faner50
You seem to be a bit incompatable with the flavor of this forum.

Quite the opposite actually. It's not real prudent to encourage a small lake getting pounded by giving out favorable reports and naming the lake. That's the nature of the internet, unfortunately.

Sharing other information such as when, how, and why is just as good, and most of the time can get people heading on the right path to having fun catching fish as well without naming the body of water.

So every lake is built the same all the fish in MN in ever lake will bite in the same depth on the same bait and color? That is awsome, I didnt know that. So if im on bell and im cathing eyes on a blue glow with a crapi minnow in 12' of water and then go to wolf ill catch the eyes there on the same thing in 12' of water?

I guess all you can do is go out and try it to find out.

Everyone complains that nobody shares info, so I try to set an example, and now they complain because I won't give them GPS coordinates to the spot I was on. Sorry I even attempted to help.... Geesh....

crazy.gif

Please help:

I'm much too lazy to go out and find fish on my own so I was wondering if someone could tell me of a spot where I can catch 16" crappies and 20"+ walleyes on the same spot, not looking for GPS coordinates, just a specific lake and structure and GPS coordinates would be nice. Like I said I'm too cheap to buy any technology to help me out and am way to lazy to get out there and do it myself. So if someone could broadcast this spot over the world wide web that would be greatly appreciated.

All right guys, here is one of my best spots of all time. I had awesome luck on the corner, were the bar turns 90 degrees. I could routinley catch limts, and threw back a few large ones!! They were just too big to keep!! Check it out.

N 44 59 30.21

W 94 30 04.67

PS Give the guy a break on sharing spots, not everyone is a cyber stalker searching for spot.

Originally Posted By: wannaeye
All right guys, here is one of my best spots of all time. I had awesome luck on the corner, were the bar turns 90 degrees. I could routinley catch limts, and threw back a few large ones!! They were just too big to keep!! Check it out.

N 44 59 30.21

W 94 30 04.67

grin.gif

You can always tell when a new young fishing hotshot stumbles onto this website.....

Sorry bucknducks, the horse was still kicken.

Quote:
Made it out this afternoon and had a little luck with the walleyes. I set up in around 10' of water on a point that drops off into the main basin and I had action from 3-6pm using a Northland Eye Dropper with a minnow head for bait. The bobber and jigging rod went about 50/50, so there wasn't much preference in the action. I ended up bringing five through the holes, with two that were keeper size. Not fast and furious by any means, but enough to keep a guy interested. By the time the sun was on the horizon the bite was over, with most of the fish coming between 4:30-5:30pm.

I wonder if I've fished this lake before??? \:\)

I'm with you there lmitout. I've been on the forum for several years and have seen spots get abused right after there info posted. If someone really would like some info, they can always email offline. As BnD said, there is just too many stalkers out there.

The most important information I look for in a report is structure, depth and presentation. Lake is not important. Those three bits of information will help put more fish in my boat (or on the ice) more than anything.

Very, very seldom anymore do I share the exact lake I was on and the spot I was fishing. Only a couple people on this site, a friend or two of mine (who don't fish often anyway)and then obviously my dad and brother (who only fish with me around here anyway!). \:\)

To simply say "The walleyes are biting" or "I've found'em" is good to hear from an individual, but it doesn't help others out very much. I try to help others know what's working for me, and LMITOUT's report is exactly the kind of info that does help.